Forum problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The forum was unusable over the weekend on both Safari and Chrome. That was via an iPad. They had exactly the same problem on SC but got it resolved. I asked Rob to PM you any suggestions for sorting it, but he may well have me on ignore.

A lot of people saying it’s a problem when initially logging in, but is fine once you get to ‘new posts’.
Yeah, seemed to hit a few sites: lpserverdomain - Google Search

I don't think there's a great deal that can be done until Google block the rogue advertisers.

Cheers anyway.

Getting a new ad virus with the 'congratulations! You have a chance to get a special reward!' message.

October-gift-card. Cards

Access from my phone is fine, but it pops up every time on my ipad.

Admin Admin

Getting a new ad virus with the 'congratulations! You have a chance to get a special reward!' message.

October-gift-card. Cards

Access from my phone is fine, but it pops up every time on my ipad.

Admin Admin
Seems to happen every so often. eg. https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/dns-phishing.32836/post-1969775 & Popup / redirect adverts
There isn't a great deal I can do. Some dodgy adverts get through Google's checks every now and then until they block them. I can try blocking the adverts if you let me know the address where it takes you but they're usually hidden behind a bunch of redirects.

Not a problem but I've just noticed that some posts have a crown on the top RHS, which means "top post".

I'm assuming that this is for the amount of "likes" etc a post receives ?

Is there anyway to do a search for "top posts" in a thread ?

Admin Admin

Not a problem but I've just noticed that some posts have a crown on the top RHS, which means "top post".

I'm assuming that this is for the amount of "likes" etc a post receives ?

Is there anyway to do a search for "top posts" in a thread ?

Admin Admin
Unfortunately not.

Admin Admin is there a new advertisement set up ?
I've got a drop down advertisement bar at the top of the page on the site now ?

Well whoever allowed it needs to take it away again. I get that adverts are needed to generate money, but they shouldn't hamper the ability to use the forum.
I mostly browse on my mobile so have limited screen space anyway, but I'm now having to scroll up and down in the thread two or three times to get the navigation bar back at the top because the advert is covering it up. What a pain in the arse!

Well whoever allowed it needs to take it away again. I get that adverts are needed to generate money, but they shouldn't hamper the ability to use the forum.
I mostly browse on my mobile so have limited screen space anyway, but I'm now having to scroll up and down in the thread two or three times to get the navigation bar back at the top because the advert is covering it up. What a pain in the arse!
Hang on. You're seeing this on the forum?

Back
Top Bottom