Forum problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still clear on Firefox

Must be Safari with the problem
I'm not sure that it's a 'problem'. 'setuid' is a utility sometimes used in jailbreaking devices or for privilege escalation. So it could be that Safari is asking for confirmation, but Firefox is not asking. It could also be something that is deliberately targeting a Safari exploit.

I'm not sure that it's a 'problem'. 'setuid' is a utility sometimes used in jailbreaking devices or for privilege escalation. So it could be that Safari is asking for confirmation, but Firefox is not asking. It could also be something that is deliberately targeting a Safari exploit.
Haven’t a clue mate

Did you figure this out, as of last night, I was being “setuid” prompted every time I hit a new page in the summer transfer thread?

It was just my MacBook (safari) not my iPhone (safari)

Did you figure this out, as of last night, I was being “setuid” prompted every time I hit a new page in the summer transfer thread?
No, but it was other threads too. My theory was that it was connected to the adverts. However when I tried it on my iMac to be able to inspect the page source I didn't get the popup.

Sorry I don't have any, as this stuff is quit rare on macOS. My work tends to make me wary of anything odd, which lead me to post the warning back on Friday as soon as I saw it.

No worries, I don't think I did, I definitely didn't click "ok" (or whatever the positive button was) I kept "cancelling" it when it popped up, but I just closed another safari window that was open and out of the corner of my eye noticed a smaller finder type window disappeared from view leaving just the other safari window open on the transfer rumours page (that had been producing the Setuid pop up request window), it made me wonder if I'd inadvertently "ok'd" the Setuid window? Then realised I'd had finder open for something else and that had gone behind the TFC open safari window, so was probably just that.

Back
Top Bottom