Forum Upgrade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin Admin finding it good so far but can we add another prefix in off topic. Can we have a simple culture prefix as threads are often a cross across movies, TV and music. I. E books or theatre. At the moment if you want to post a thread you have to use a prefix. Some of them don't fit.
Culture is a bit broad. Any suggestions for what the icon could be?

I purposely left a 'Random' prefix in there. I could rename that to 'General' or something for threads that don't really fit into the others.

Any idea why I can no longer just copy and paste a picture onto a thread anymore ? eg use to be able to copy a photo from say Facebook and paste it straight into the reply box.

Any idea why I can no longer just copy and paste a picture onto a thread anymore ? eg use to be able to copy a photo from say Facebook and paste it straight into the reply box.
Not sure how you were doing it but you can't upload images to the site so unsure how that used to work?

You can still copy the image location and then paste that into the insert image box.

Not sure how you were doing it but you can't upload images to the site so unsure how that used to work?

You can still copy the image location and then paste that into the insert image box.

I used to be able to open a photo posted on facebook. Right click and copy it, then simply paste it into the reply box on here. Just quicker than saving to photobucket or similar and then linking it here. No worries really.

I used to be able to open a photo posted on facebook. Right click and copy it, then simply paste it into the reply box on here. Just quicker than saving to photobucket or similar and then linking it here. No worries really.

Hmm, dunno how that worked. Never did it myself.

You can still right-click on the image and do 'Copy image address' (or similar) and then paste that into the 'Insert Image' option. No need to upload elsewhere.

Culture is a bit broad. Any suggestions for what the icon could be?

I purposely left a 'Random' prefix in there. I could rename that to 'General' or something for threads that don't really fit into the others.
There's no random or general in the off topic drop down of prefixes or am I doing it wrong. Also means there no place for book threads and you have to list a prefix

There's no random or general in the off topic drop down of prefixes or am I doing it wrong. Also means there no place for book threads and you have to list a prefix
Sorry mate, I'd created them but not assigned them to the forum. Few new options there now, including Books & Random.

Admin Admin

Under stealth mode there is no differentiation between read and unread threads while alerts and rep text under posts is invisible (same colour as background)

Admin Admin

Under stealth mode there is no differentiation between read and unread threads while alerts and rep text under posts is invisible (same colour as background)
Unread threads should be bold now and rep should be faded but visible.

The alerts bit is weird, I'll have to see whats going on there.

Edit: Alerts should be sorted.

Last edited:

Yea, this is how I used to do it.

Hmm, dunno how that worked. Never did it myself.

You can still right-click on the image and do 'Copy image address' (or similar) and then paste that into the 'Insert Image' option. No need to upload elsewhere.
Just tried testing this in the Cricket thread. When copying the image address it went into the preview fine. Then when clicking reply it says there's a problem and 'Please enter valid message'. I added a little text and it didn't upload the image.

Also tried adding the image to this post and as you can see it didn't post.

EDIT - Don't worry. Clocked it.

Last edited:
8513.jpg

Yea, this is how I used to do it.

Just tried testing this in the Cricket thread. When copying the image address it went into the preview fine. Then when clicking reply it says there's a problem and 'Please enter valid message'. I added a little text and it didn't upload the image.

Also tried adding the image to this post and as you can see it didn't post.

EDIT - Don't worry. Clocked it.
Ah, just seen your edit.

Back
Top Bottom