Frank Worthington: R.I.P

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember seeing him playing at WHL. Don't remember anything about the game or what the score was but I was in the Paxton and we gave him untold abuse which he took well.

I'm off to look it up!
There was a LCFC game at WHL when they tonked us 0-3, FW looks to have got the last one. On the Big Match (of course)

If he played for Bolton in the FA Cup Jan 1978 I'd have seen him but I really can't remember

Rod Marsh before he turned into a bell end.

He was my favourite, non-Spurs English player at the time, shame he turned out to be a bit of a wally.
As his name has been brought up, I'm making no apologies to use this opportunity to tell one of my stories.
I did meet him once, outside a clothes factory down Bethnal Green Road, which he part owned with Terry Venables. My friend and I used to walk home from school and we were on the other side of the road, when I saw TV outside the factory and I was saying to my friend, that looks like Terry Venables. She just looked at me blankly as if to say, who the heck is he? I was debating whether to cross the road to ask for an autograph when Rodney came out and I just ran across the road, nearly getting run over in the process. Now most 14 year old girls would have Fab 208 or Jackie in their satchels, but no - I just happened to have the latest edition of Goal magazine to hand, which had a colour picture of Rodney Marsh in it. When TV saw me, he turned tail and ran back into the factory. but Rodney signed my photo and we had a little chat, he asked me who I supported, I told him and thanked him for signing the picture. I still have it in my memory box, which includes the very first autograph I got from Mr P :)

FED64019-AB38-4-D14-A2-CD-019583-D9-A785.jpg

his question and answer focus in shoot........Previous clubs :sandroscream:

Back
Top Bottom