Game Countdown Timer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ Admin Admin

Is it possible to have a countdown timer on the forum homepage so that the overseas peeps don't have to try and work out what time we kick off, I've noticed a few having to ask how long until the game kicks off.....

It's a bit "Oi Gorgeous" mate.

I might add it. It involves me having to change the time for every game so I'm a bit meh.

It'd probably be possible to write up some jquery that hits a csv with the opponent, competition, and KO. I know fixtures lists are unstable, but they don't move around that much... Then the jquery finds the first row that is after right now and uses it. Or it deletes past rows or whatever.

Point is, it shouldn't be the sort of thing that needs to be touched after every match.

It'd probably be possible to write up some jquery that hits a csv with the opponent, competition, and KO. I know fixtures lists are unstable, but they don't move around that much... Then the jquery finds the first row that is after right now and uses it. Or it deletes past rows or whatever.

Point is, it shouldn't be the sort of thing that needs to be touched after every match.

Yeah what he said.
But don't forget to bypass the mainfraim terminal.
Oh and go through the back door. They always leave a back door........

I might add it. It involves me having to change the time for every game so I'm a bit meh.

Until now, I have never really gone to "Oi Gorgeous." I always thought of it as a ridiculous site for like 5 odd posters on this. I never realized that it is such a blatant rip off and has many of the same posters...

That's awesome, not sure how you are getting the fixtures, but im pretty sure that if you use the Spurs Official .ical that it auto-updates with fixture changes.

That's awesome, not sure how you are getting the fixtures, but im pretty sure that if you use the Spurs Official .ical that it auto-updates with fixture changes.
There's a file with all the fixtures that I have to update by hand. I doubt spurs official has an API. Though who knows…

Edit: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/ shows the next match in a semantically incoherent div, so I could probably scrape it from there and then do the math. That'll be for version 2. Much better than having a file I have to update by hand!

Last edited:

Cant you just put 4-5 clock faces up in the corner somewhere and let people work it out for themselves!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom