Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could just about cope if he ended up playing for Man Utd.

Chavski though...I think I'd fucking well give up on football
Honestly, I'd be most content with him joining City.
United is quickly moving up top on my list of cunt clubs. And I hate the fact that it'll only add more fuel to the notion that we are their feeder club (in the CL). But if he goes to Chelski, then I'll despise him! I'll quickly forget whatever he meant to me.

Reading the Big Red Nosed Scottish Arrogant Fuck's autobiography at the moment. Bale is going to Un*ted. We've all got to get our heads around it. That fucking club operates on a higher plane than us - we are decades away from building what those tossers have. We might get Bale back when he's 34 and had 8 cruciates and a hip replacement.

Going to be in Madrid on what was supposed to be the day of their last game of the season and was going to go to it. Now all those lazy fucks are on strike taking their siestas

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has told Gareth Bale's agent to "stay quiet" after he suggested the forward's team-mates did not pass to him enough.

Jonathan Barnett claimed the 25-year-old Welshman is suffering because of a lack of help from other Real players.

"This is a world in which a lot of people talk and sometimes they talk too much," said Ancelotti.
"Bale has never had problems with his team-mates and his team-mates have never had problems with Bale."

Bale is the world's most expensive player after being signed in a £85.3m deal from Premier League side Tottenham in September 2013.

The ex-Southampton trainee scored 24 goals in 46 games during his debut season, helping Madrid win the Champions League and Copa del Rey.

But he has been jeered by some supporters this season and has faced heavy criticism from sections of the Spanish press.

Bale, who has scored 15 goals in 44 matches this season, also came under scrutiny for his display in last week's Champions League semi-final defeat at Juventus.

"Bale's agent, who has never been to one of our training sessions, who doesn't know the atmosphere we have, spoke from outside," added Ancelotti, before Wednesday's return leg where Madrid are aiming to overturn a 2-1 deficit.

"It would have been better to stay quiet. We are happy with Bale's season."

He was virtually unrecognisable in last nights match. Apart from that dipping long range shot in the first half it was hard to think of anything he did out of the ordinary. He looks more like Gareth Bale the rubbish left-back jinx from 2010 than Bale the rocket boosted god of 2013.

He was virtually unrecognisable in last nights match. Apart from that dipping long range shot in the first half it was hard to think of anything he did out of the ordinary. He looks more like Gareth Bale the rubbish left-back jinx from 2010 than Bale the rocket boosted god of 2013.

What people forget is that footballers are as fragile as the rest of us. Sure they may be used to having a lot of weight on their shoulders, but it doesn't mean they can always cope with it, especially in a new culture and country.

I've crumbled under pressure 1000 times less than Bale's under right now.

Same thing with Chadli. His dad just died yet people are hounding him like he has no honour and backbone at all. Fucking hell, if my dad passed away now I would probably struggle to even half ass my piss easy job.

I've been very harsh on players before, but I've realised it isn't so easy. I've seen players go from the second division in Sweden (where you make a living playing football) go to my Sunday league and not stand out in the slightest, all in half a year.

Think he'll end up at United next season. I don't get why some still worship him as if he still plays for Spurs. I felt sorry for him last night all the same.

HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains - absolutely agree. Also people overequate effort with wages when the reality is that everyone adjusts to their 'norm' and there are far more external factors at work on performance than just cash. I work in market research and do a fair few employee engagement surveys for big companies - in most cases, staff performance is far more about how inspirational their leadership is, and their fit with culture and line management than it is about their salary.

Back
Top Bottom