Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could have texted.

I do agree with that, but also that's what I mean. He chooses to do it publicly because he doesn't give a toss about the rivalry between Spurs and scum fans, same as the rest of the players don't. The whole thing is a farce nowadays, except for one or two players. The majority of them would go out with scum players for a glass of hennessy or whatever it is they drink after a derby. Tbh the scum have more players that care about it than we do - which is annoying, granted. But supporters might as well inure themselves to the situation, because it happens over and over again. It's all a load of bollocks.

I do agree with that, but also that's what I mean. He chooses to do it publicly because he doesn't give a toss about the rivalry between Spurs and scum fans, same as the rest of the players don't. The whole thing is a farce nowadays, except for one or two players. The majority of them would go out with scum players for a glass of hennessy or whatever it is they drink after a derby. Tbh the scum have more players that care about it than we do - which is annoying, granted. But supporters might as well inure themselves to the situation, because it happens over and over again. It's all a load of bollocks.
Yes, I've got no problem with players getting on with other - it's only natural - but he didn't think, and that's what's annoying - he wanted to be seen as the caring G Bale and it's false as fuck on many levels.

Have I missed the Bale thread? Tone of this one had soured a bit by last year I see.

But there's a lot to appreciate still! Firstly he's made a good decision coming home. He can cement his legacy as a Spurs legend if he's a success. No point in going to Utd and ruining his connection with us.

He's only 31 and if he gets properly fit why shouldn't he recapture most of the speed and physicality he had? He's back at a place where he'll feel loved by the fans and the coach and hopefully has a point to prove.

He's a certainly player who can make the others believe. And he'll take some pressure off Harry.

I think Mourinho will take a while to find the right team and tactics, but we've got the ingredients for a good side again.

Could he have played for England if he wanted to? Imagine England with Bale in his prime.

I doubt it would've made a tremendous difference. He'd obviously have been our best player but Bale's prime was during the Hodgson era, and he wouldn't have been good enough to turn that shitshow in to a success.

Maybe we'd have gone a step further at a couple of tournaments but doubt we'd have won anything with that dreadful manager.

I doubt it would've made a tremendous difference. He'd obviously have been our best player but Bale's prime was during the Hodgson era, and he wouldn't have been good enough to turn that shitshow in to a success.

Maybe we'd have gone a step further at a couple of tournaments but doubt we'd have won anything with that dreadful manager.
I reckon Hodgson would have played him at left back again , told him not to cross the half way line

Surprised he has said he will continue to play for Wales tbh. Seems like a reasonable time to retire. Yes, the campaign didn't go as he'd have liked, but still, he represented Wales at a World Cup.

Go play golf now man!

Back
Top Bottom