Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im excited

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Gracias ;)

We are 0-1 at home at minute 80 with a humble Cádiz that has spent 30 years in second and third division.

And that is the norm. We have a very bad squad and Zidane is blamed by many. Not me, I'm OK with him and think that coincidences in this game are not many and not repeated. But most people want Pochettino or Mou when he was free before going to London.

With the biggest budget in the world we cannot play so bad every single year, being out of chances in the league by december and praying for the Cup of Europe to save the season, year after year.

I think what has happened is madrid moved away from galacticos and tried to by up and commers. Rodygo, Vinicius and Reina for eg. Looks like they havnt made the grade yet.

There is a huge difference in quality between peak BBC and kroos modric years.

Many madridistas want to sack Zidane and sign Pochettino, what do spurs in general think of him? why was he sacked the season after leading the team to the ChL final for the first time in your history?

Depends who you talk to.

I really loved him here, we where in a complete mess and he came in, got rid of the bad apples and turned many of our players from average or inconsistent to class such as Dembele, Rose, Walker. On a very limited budget built an aggressive side and achieved well beyond what one would expect with us and our resources such as 4 top 4 finishes (Champions League football) and a CL final.

As the squad aged however he did struggle towards the end as the squad and Poch seemed to run out of gas. He generally likes younger players who are compliant and fight, he likes to attack and tries to play the Bielsa way.

The issue you may have is that he is great at making medium sized teams fight and become better but he lacks experience with big egos and can sometimes seem tactically stubborn.

To me it depends what Real Madrid want, if you are looking at the long term and are genuinely willing to back him with talented young players he could create a monster team that beats the shit out of the opposition, think of Dortmund but with Real Madrid quality players.

If you are looking for someone to come in to fix up this season and get the egos playing forget it he will want the ego’s sold. He is a project manager and as such he will want his way and need his way.

When you look at Barca and Koeman shaking things up, you can kind of see what Poch would want to do.

Depends who you talk to.

I really loved him here, we where in a complete mess and he came in, got rid of the bad apples and turned many of our players from average or inconsistent to class such as Dembele, Rose, Walker. On a very limited budget built an aggressive side and achieved well beyond what one would expect with us and our resources such as 4 top 4 finishes (Champions League football) and a CL final.

As the squad aged however he did struggle towards the end as the squad and Poch seemed to run out of gas. He generally likes younger players who are compliant and fight, he likes to attack and tries to play the Bielsa way.

The issue you may have is that he is great at making medium sized teams fight and become better but he lacks experience with big egos and can sometimes seem tactically stubborn.

To me it depends what Real Madrid want, if you are looking at the long term and are genuinely willing to back him with talented young players he could create a monster team that beats the shit out of the opposition, think of Dortmund but with Real Madrid quality players.

If you are looking for someone to come in to fix up this season and get the egos playing forget it he will want the ego’s sold. He is a project manager and as such he will want his way and need his way.

When you look at Barca and Koeman shaking things up, you can kind of see what Poch would want to do.
Very fair summing up of the situation. Don't think you'd find too many Spurs supporters who disliked Poch, but unfortunately it all went a bit sour after the Final, and for his own sanity, he needed a break from the game. Not sure RM is a good fit for Poch, as the perception is that the powers-that-be do not have the patience to let a coach build a team.

Back
Top Bottom