Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's that, 5 EPL games away?

He's just done 20m..... Keep upping it over the next 4 games and then 'bam'....

Let's face it, we didn't bring him in to drag us through the Europa League group stage; it's about having extra quality in the biggest of games and maybe the occasional bit of quality to unlock some of the more stubborn teams in the league and turn some otherwise annoying draws into wins.... Physically speaking, we need to be smart with him.

Have a word with yourself.

Let him roast some fodder for a bit

Have a word with yourself.

Let him roast some fodder for a bit

Id give him 45 or 60 on Thursday. Then have him on the bench again weekend.

Guess we'll see what Jose does.....

My thoughts area also with the fact that I want to see the other lads get their shit together (along with a bit of chemistry) in the EL asap so that the A-options can concentrate on the EPL and get a bit of rest unlike the last 2 or 3 years.

It may not be as simple as some think re: fitness.

Most of the time rest, recovery, gradual exposure etc are much more important than simply getting minutes. Which is the case for tendon/ligament injuries which are involved in most knee injuries.
It's why he rightfully didn't start against Spam- it's very dangerous to field someone recovering against opposition who are fresh and in rhythm of football at the top level.

Just because a player is fit enough to play/make the bench it does NOT mean that their injury is fully healed and it's only their lungs/fitness which need work.

What's that, 5 EPL games away?

He's just done 20m..... Keep upping it over the next 4 games and then 'bam'....

Let's face it, we didn't bring him in to drag us through the Europa League group stage; it's about having extra quality in the biggest of games and maybe the occasional bit of quality to unlock some of the more stubborn teams in the league and turn some otherwise annoying draws into wins.... Physically speaking, we need to be smart with him.
I agree. he's basically insurance in case Son and Kane get injured this season. He's not going to carry this team. just not the same player.

Bale showed both the rust expected coming back from a lack of playing and injuries over two years, and the class that made him a serial winner over the last 5 years.

And he did it all in that one move. That piece of footwork looked so simple but was such calm headed class that I haven't seen on this team from anyone not named luka or kane or bale on this team this decade.

The finish was obviously rust.

Bale showed both the rust expected coming back from a lack of playing and injuries over two years, and the class that made him a serial winner over the last 5 years.

And he did it all in that one move. That piece of footwork looked so simple but was such calm headed class that I haven't seen on this team from anyone not named luka or kane or bale on this team this decade.

The finish was obviously rust.
Did show that he has lost pace as well, but that was to be expected.

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

thats it guys keep overeacting.

More than anything, I want younger players like Bergwijn to learn something from Bale. His presence on the training ground alone should be a huge inspiration for him.

It may not be as simple as some think re: fitness.

Most of the time rest, recovery, gradual exposure etc are much more important than simply getting minutes. Which is the case for tendon/ligament injuries which are involved in most knee injuries.
It's why he rightfully didn't start against Spam- it's very dangerous to field someone recovering against opposition who are fresh and in rhythm of football at the top level.

Just because a player is fit enough to play/make the bench it does NOT mean that their injury is fully healed and it's only their lungs/fitness which need work.
I think he looked fit. Imo he showed he lacked match sharpness in that cameo. He was a bit slow to react on a few occasions.
The only way he can gain match sharpness is by getting minutes under his belt. That's why pre season friendlies are important - for building up match sharpness. Otherwise why would clubs risk injuries to players playing meaningless friendlies when a hard season is ahead.

Back
Top Bottom