Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has shown some Real desire in recent weeks, which must act as inspiration to the other players.

It's weird because he looked shot. No doubt at all.

Whether he needed the equivalent of a long stretch to awake from his slumber or whether it dawned on him that it's now or maybe never, he has been the primary catalyst to our upturn in form.

If he stays fit until the end of the season then we have infinitely more chance of success.

Certainly proving my words of a few weeks ago wrong at present.

At times he looked better than Harry as a player, his scoring is a big plus obviously but he was spraying passes all over the place and switching play to the other wing with long passes.

If he keeps this up we could be in for a mad winning run until the end of the season.

I get the impression the Souness, Keane, etc are instructed by Sky to say something controversial each week so that social media reacts
I don't usually watch sky but did yesterday and it still shit even when we win after a game , they hardly find any positives.
Gonna stick to the foreign channels in the future.

Bale would stay another season no doubt, but as always in football money talks. Would he take a 300k a week (15mil pay cut) to be here...I am not sure.
He wouldn't need to take a pay cut next season if we simply renew the loan which, if he stays relatively fit and maintains this kind of form, is more than likely to happen.

Pleasure seeing him perform lately.

We 100% need to extend his loan or buy him next season. There’s no doubt in my mind that Bale will want to stay with the club he loves and to play amongst the Spurs faithful next season. It would be such a shame to bring Bale back and not have the fans to witness it. Next season fans will be back. Bale has to as well.

We 100% need to extend his loan or buy him next season. There’s no doubt in my mind that Bale will want to stay with the club he loves and to play amongst the Spurs faithful next season. It would be such a shame to bring Bale back and not have the fans to witness it. Next season fans will be back. Bale has to as well.
On this sort of form, 100%.

I think he will thrive on the backing from the fans as well. To buy a ready- made player at his level would cost us a fortune and a player like that would probably reject us anyway. Sign him on a loan for one more season, then on a Bosman if he can keep it going.

At times he looked better than Harry as a player, his scoring is a big plus obviously but he was spraying passes all over the place and switching play to the other wing with long passes.

If he keeps this up we could be in for a mad winning run until the end of the season.
His playing style has changed a lot by comparing with his last season for us.

Sign him up.

He's loved here and will be feeling confident that he can still produce the goods in the Prem. It's not time to retire in the MLS or China just yet.

I think it's a no-brainer we extend for another year and then after that lets see where we are. If he manages his body well and continues to develop his game he could remain a real threat.

Could move move central and ultimately play a hybrid 9 role with his technical quality and aerial ability.

The issue will be how important finances are to him. After next season will he follow the highest bidder or be willing to struggle by on a measly 200-300k a week?

Back
Top Bottom