Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good decision bringing Bale on with 10mins to go...

I mean what the hell is he supposed to do in that time.

No wonder Bale can't be fucked under Jose. He gets made a scapegoat after the Woolwich game and all of a sudden everything is meant to be rosy with him and he'll suddenly come on and win the game for Mourinho so he can make himself look like a tactical genius.

Doesnt want to play right back so wont play. More quality than lamela bergwin lucas Son combined but one poor game and scape goated
Yeah one bad game.... Otherwise a world class season

Jesus Christ

He looks totally disinterested and barely tries and because he had 2 or 3 good games people want to pretend he's been great all year and Mou is just fucking him? Get outta here lol

He's been dog shit. Sadly Bergwijn has been even worse so we have no replacements, but still. No more revisionism please

I think we can all agree that Bale's return to the club hasn't lived up to excitement it produced at the beginning of the season.

For one reason or another, whether it's Bale or Jose, neither of them have really done themselves any justice this season.

Crazy he hasn’t been played more when we’ve needed that magic on the pitch. Obviously Mourinho didn’t want him and that’s the point he’s been making by not playing him.
I THINK he's using Bale the same way he does with other "big" names in his previous teams. There is nothing more powerful for a manager than to make a statement of binning a star name, it's a common tactic used by many, not just Jose, to send a message to the whole team that no one is untouchable and anyone can get a game.

In theory, it should have been OK to do this, he's not our player (he's Madrid's!!!), he's been unfit, looked shit when played and only looked up for it when playing against farmers. Fairly sure any other manager could have used Bale this way and got the necessary reaction from the rest of his players.

the biggest issue with Jose is he's fucking hopeless and applying his message evenly across the squad, so the message is confused and lost. Players don't know if they might be next or what they need to do to ensure it's not them. Do it to multiple players, who's left to pick.

Tells Rodon he's great having made an error, plays him the very next game to make his point, well done Jose, then fucks him off not to be seen for two or three months!!! Dele, plays well when selected, loses the ball high up the pitch, balled out in the most public way possible and simply hasn't been seen since.

Reggie losses the ball in very dangerous areas more than any of our players but is selected never called out.

He's literally all over the place, with no consistency. This hasn't just been with us, it was happening at Chavs and Utd.

I THINK he's using Bale the same way he does with other "big" names in his previous teams. There is nothing more powerful for a manager than to make a statement of binning a star name, it's a common tactic used by many, not just Jose, to send a message to the whole team that no one is untouchable and anyone can get a game.

In theory, it should have been OK to do this, he's not our player (he's Madrid's!!!), he's been unfit, looked shit when played and only looked up for it when playing against farmers. Fairly sure any other manager could have used Bale this way and got the necessary reaction from the rest of his players.

the biggest issue with Jose is he's fucking hopeless and applying his message evenly across the squad, so the message is confused and lost. Players don't know if they might be next or what they need to do to ensure it's not them. Do it to multiple players, who's left to pick.

Tells Rodon he's great having made an error, plays him the very next game to make his point, well done Jose, then fucks him off not to be seen for two or three months!!! Dele, plays well when selected, loses the ball high up the pitch, balled out in the most public way possible and simply hasn't been seen since.

Reggie losses the ball in very dangerous areas more than any of our players but is selected never called out.

He's literally all over the place, with no consistency. This hasn't just been with us, it was happening at Chavs and Utd.

I agree, it is ridiculous

To be fair he contributed to the first goal. He crossed the ball to Reguilon who created the chance for Lamela.
Ok, happy to be corrected. To be clearer. I was not defending Jose in digging out Bale. Everyone of these lot currently involved ( and I include Kane ) needs to shape up or ship out.

A bit weird that he'll be gone next month already. After all this time, his legendary comeback was to play for a dinosaur manager without fans. So anticlimactic and it makes me so sad. Both Gareth himself and us Spurs fans deserved so much better.

A bit weird that he'll be gone next month already. After all this time, his legendary comeback was to play for a dinosaur manager without fans. So anticlimactic and it makes me so sad. Both Gareth himself and us Spurs fans deserved so much better.
Situation was hopelessly mismanaged by Jose - but Gareth's comments recently didn't help either

What an absolute cock-up

I think we can all agree that Bale's return to the club hasn't lived up to excitement it produced at the beginning of the season.

For one reason or another, whether it's Bale or Jose, neither of them have really done themselves any justice this season.
I assume you're saying the same thing on the thread for each of the other players, i.e. practically the entire line-up?

Should be starting every game for us if fit. Mourinho is finished as a top tier manager, and has been for a while now. Levy got it completely wrong.

Should be starting every game for us if fit. Mourinho is finished as a top tier manager, and has been for a while now. Levy got it completely wrong.
Do you even watch spurs? Why should bale be starting? Your hero bale is lazy and doesnt give a toss about this club, hes been given loads of opportunities against big teams and let us down every time... im guessing your the same douche that wants dele to start every game lol

Do you even watch spurs? Why should bale be starting? Your hero bale is lazy and doesnt give a toss about this club, hes been given loads of opportunities against big teams and let us down every time... im guessing your the same douche that wants dele to start every game lol
Bullshit. He was our best player in the month leading up to Woolwich and was no worse in that game than any others. People who actually watch our team and support it (unlike cunts like you) know that. This board was full of people praising him before the Woolwich/Zagreb games. He's been scapegoated and singled out since then by the idiot of a manager.

Fuck off and follow the fucking dinosaur cunt to China or wherever the fuck he ends up when we finally sack him.

You're just butt hurt because I said Mourinho was finished.

You fucking pleb.

Bale isn't the player he was, that's quite clear. But if we have enough of the ball, give him the ball, and actually attack sides he will do damage still. What you can't realistically expect is for him to still virtually win games on his own at times as he used to. I'd still take him now over the likes of Bergwijn and Lamela, and I like Erik more than most.

Back
Top Bottom