Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So which big games has he started for us and then failed in which has led you to the conclusion not to trust him out wide against the big boys?
If Gareth is given the ball then he makes things happen. Our problem is getting him the ball in the first place
Woolwich and Leeds. We tend to lose against top half teams. They target the right back if Gareth is playing.
Against the better teams we cannot lay the front four we had yesterday. We just get overrun in midfield.

Fuck me, you're an annoying little scrote.

First of all, I've never said anything else other than Bale should be in our team when fit. I also praised Bale on the match day thread against Sheffield for some great finishes. But my point stands. Sheffield are the worst team in the league and were already down when we played them, so the fact that we won easily in the end and Bale scored a hat-trick wasn't anything to get too excited about.

And while he wasn't anywhere near his best obviously, Kane didn't perform like a "pub player" at all. You've got some sort of weird agenda and I'd love to know what the reason for that really is.
Put him on ignore mate ..life's so much more relaxed!

Woolwich and Leeds. We tend to lose against top half teams. They target the right back if Gareth is playing.
Against the better teams we cannot lay the front four we had yesterday. We just get overrun in midfield.

Everyone was terrible against Woolwich and Bale hardly saw the ball- but I agree he should have gone and got it. Leeds not really that big a game. What are the alternatives- Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela? I know who I would rather trust.
Play Bale regularly and he gets 20-25 goals next season

Fuck me, you're an annoying little scrote.

First of all, I've never said anything else other than Bale should be in our team when fit. I also praised Bale on the match day thread against Sheffield for some great finishes. But my point stands. Sheffield are the worst team in the league and were already down when we played them, so the fact that we won easily in the end and Bale scored a hat-trick wasn't anything to get too excited about.

And while he wasn't anywhere near his best obviously, Kane didn't perform like a "pub player" at all. You've got some sort of weird agenda and I'd love to know what the reason for that really is.
'Sheffield United'.

There's Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, and Sheffield FC.

So which big games has he started for us and then failed in which has led you to the conclusion not to trust him out wide against the big boys?
If Gareth is given the ball then he makes things happen. Our problem is getting him the ball in the first place

I’m talking off the ball. Against physical, high energy teams he doesn‘t have any presence when we are defending. He leaves his RB on their own and it’s a big problem.

Bale is useful as a starter against teams that we will easily dominate. Against tougher teams it would probably be better to have a player who can run harder. Bale doesn’t run as hard towards our goal as he does towards the opponents.

To be honest, if i was at Madrid, i'd have him back and dump that fat shit Hazard. But they won't do that now it will be too much like a defeat for them.

So i hope he stays here for another year with a new manager who makes proper use of him unlike the last one.

No matter how the new manager would utilize Bale next season, it would surely be worth the investment (£10m in wages). Even if he's just a rotation option banging in goals against the bottom half teams in a low block, that's still something we desperately need.

It's also nice seeing Bale out there in a Spurs shirt.

No matter how the new manager would utilize Bale next season, it would surely be worth the investment (£10m in wages). Even if he's just a rotation option banging in goals against the bottom half teams in a low block, that's still something we desperately need.

Really is a no brainer

Thought his performance when he came on tonight summed him up as the player he is now. Some very good moments, lot of sloppy moments, and glimpses of the player he used to be and also the player he'll never be again, as he clearly doesn't have anything like the pace or running power he did.

Overall I think he's done about as well as can realistically be expected for us. In a better team than us, that has much more of the ball, he'll do well.

Do you honestly think he is worth the wages we are paying him?
£10 million pounds minimum and you think he has done well.
And you wonder why we have had a shit season

He used us, and I know he scored a few goals, he definitely wasn't worth the outlay in wages (it's scandalous that he earned that much money, albeit we only paid half!)

Isn’t that half we paid still one of the highest wages in PL? It’s amazing how some players can look in the mirror. Ok Maureen didn’t pick him much but ffs how long did he take to get fit. It was t as if he broken bones or ligament injury. His done well in some games and we all thought he was back but then puts in performances like he did v goons and Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom