Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think there was ever a formal option for that. Just a willingness to consider it in the future.

I really don't think there was. Probably a condition of Real paying such a high percentage of his wages.
I remember reading it somewhere , I’m going to try and find it
Edit found it!

Sounds like he is staying at Madrid next season and now Zidane has gone will get mins.

They literally cannot afford to keep him, getting him off the wage bill will be priority number 1 for Perez.

Of course Carlo is simply being diplomatic in his words, worst case scenario if they cannot get rid of him they are going to have to play him as there won't be any money for any new players.

Starting to wonder, would Bale be a Conte sort of player?

From what Ive seen WORK is one thing he demands above all else, and Bale isnt really that player to push so hard these days.

And also, from what Ive seen, he often likes one of his front three to be something of a workhorse, making sacrificial runs and covering the wing back etc (Pedro for example) to free up the other two and advancing midfielders. Again, not really Bale....

Though I could see Bale as excellent cover for Kane.

Anyone find it odd that Bale is featuring in all of our tweets and images for players at the Euros? Isn't he no longer our player?

An indication that the deal was already extended for another season?

Back
Top Bottom