Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone find it odd that Bale is featuring in all of our tweets and images for players at the Euros? Isn't he no longer our player?

An indication that the deal was already extended for another season?

To be blunt, no. Bale is a big name so generates lots of clicks. Anything you see posted by Spurs official goes through lots of editing by a large team of marketers that are spending millions on paid ads. It's all for exposure to build the brand. If we retain any rights we'll probably still post Bale content for years to come.

I really think he’s going to retire after this tournament, the noise about it is deafening. I don’t think he has the energy for club football anymore. I think out of respect for Ancelotti he will not just collect his Real salary and sit in the stands for another year. He will settle the last year of his contract and call it a day.

The fact that he already said he knew his future after the Leicester game basically told us that, no way he could know he’d be coming back here as we didn’t have a manager and no way that Zidane would have had him back. Retirement is the only thing he can decide unilaterally.

Back
Top Bottom