Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here we go again lol people forget that whilst Bale will improve out scoring output he doesn't put in a shift defensively, it's why he's managed to prolong his Intl career because the Wales team is setup FOR him and he has other players do his running for him.

He's never going to work in a Conte system...If Jose didn't want to play him in his team then you can be sure that Conte won't.

He can probably only play about 60 minutes at 100% but those 60 mins will be better than anyone else we can get.

We just need to move on from him, as a fanbase we are always stuck in the past - much better to look to the future and trusting in players like Kulu and start to put more emphasis on our scouting system, re-signing players like Bale for a year or so is merely papering over cracks, it's exactly the kinf of thing Man Utd like to do, how are you even meant to build a team with players like that?

Here we go again lol people forget that whilst Bale will improve out scoring output he doesn't put in a shift defensively, it's why he's managed to prolong his Intl career because the Wales team is setup FOR him and he has other players do his running for him.

He's never going to work in a Conte system...If Jose didn't want to play him in his team then you can be sure that Conte won't.
Don’t care. Nothing you say will change my mind.

Bring him back.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

We just need to move on from him, as a fanbase we are always stuck in the past - much better to look to the future and trusting in players like Kulu and start to put more emphasis on our scouting system, re-signing players like Bale for a year or so is merely papering over cracks, it's exactly the kinf of thing Man Utd like to do, how are you even meant to build a team with players like that?

In the case of Ronaldo, which is most compareable, then United were probably under the impression that they'd got two things. A top class (world class?) player, and a figure to lead by example; maybe even someone to change their entitled dressing room. It seems they've gotten more strife (and more entitlement) instead.

I think, we can all agree that in Bale's case, then on the first point it's very much a gamble. We might get a top class, gamechanger of a player (even if not for 90 minutes each week, as others have said), or we might get a complete dud.

The second part is much more interesting. Will we be getting a slacking, golf-loving has-been, who'll set a bad example, as his public rep is? Or will we be getting a proven winner, who'll lead the way alongside Harry and Hugo? Luckily, the club has had him around recently, so there really should be a few people at the club, who'll know the answer. If we do sign him, I'm very happy, because I'm gonna hope against hope, that we know what we're doing, and know that we're signing a dressing room leader. Likewise, if we don't, I'm fine as well (even if I'm overall in the sentimental bring him home camp), because he's clearly not what we need.

Thinking out loud, but I think there’s two scenarios of which his future could pan out.

1; Wales qualify for the World Cup, his contract at Real Madrid expires and he needs a club for at the very least, a short term 6 month contract to see him through. If that’s the case, and you can agree on the wages, why not bring him in for a last hurrah for 6 months. Understandably, it would be little cameo’s here and there, he wouldn’t play all the time but it could help him out preparing for the World Cup, and then if he wanted to retire at the end of the 6 months, he could do so with a good send off. I don’t think it would be too detrimental to us?

2; Wales don’t qualify for the World Cup, his contract at Real Madrid expires and he retires in the summer.

This upcoming World Cup will almost certainly be his last chance at a major tournament, and I can’t see that he will want to continue playing beyond that.

The ONLY fanbase that goes apeshit when one of their own players scores a goal. How fucking triggered do these freaks get? I just love the fact Bale extracts +£600k per week out of their pockets!!!

:dembelelol:
Yes, isn’t it! they deserve everything they get they’ve clicked their fingers for years & Barcelona the same and expect everyone and their dog just to sign for them just cos who they are, I’m not a fan of overpaid footballers and the obscenity of it but in this case fuck Madrid…..

Thinking out loud, but I think there’s two scenarios of which his future could pan out.

1; Wales qualify for the World Cup, his contract at Real Madrid expires and he needs a club for at the very least, a short term 6 month contract to see him through. If that’s the case, and you can agree on the wages, why not bring him in for a last hurrah for 6 months. Understandably, it would be little cameo’s here and there, he wouldn’t play all the time but it could help him out preparing for the World Cup, and then if he wanted to retire at the end of the 6 months, he could do so with a good send off. I don’t think it would be too detrimental to us?

2; Wales don’t qualify for the World Cup, his contract at Real Madrid expires and he retires in the summer.

This upcoming World Cup will almost certainly be his last chance at a major tournament, and I can’t see that he will want to continue playing beyond that.
Happy with point 1...................................... as long as he pays us and not the other way round, if he's going to use us just to keep fit (think he can afford it).

Back
Top Bottom