Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You take pleasure in another clubs perceived failures and I will take pleasure in my clubs successes

No, we'll take pleasure in finishing above you again while you'll take pleasure in wallowing in self-pity

TjVxha1.png

#OverseasSportsPersonalityOfTheYear

Last edited:
My theory based on no information at all, is that Zidane leaving means Bale is staying.
Bale has said "him or me" and the club has explained to Zidane that they want to keep Bale.
I would be embarrassed for Madrid if that were the case. To force out a club legend as a player whose just delivered his 3rd consecutive CL title (the only trophy Madrid care about) as a manager for a player who has been brilliant in moments but often injured and generally regarded as something of a disappointment...that would be shocking, honestly.

Madrid don’t need to capitulate to Bale and nudge out Zidane. If Bale were to leave they’d simply buy Hazard and Salah and move on.

Personally I think Zidane had just had his fill. I don’t think he ever truly fancied a life in management, but the opportunity arose and he clobbered it. He won 3 consecutive CLs for the biggest club in the world, arguably but certainly in his mind. There’s literally nowhere for him to go but down - so why not call it a day and relax into the role of well-heeled living legend?

And if he still feels an itch in a few months, the France job will be open for the next cycle and his name will be at the top of the list.

I do agree that Bale is almost certainly staying now. Perez’ chief criteria will be finding someone who placates Ronaldo and Bale and has plans for keeping and using them both.

I would be embarrassed for Madrid if that were the case. To force out a club legend as a player whose just delivered his 3rd consecutive CL title (the only trophy Madrid care about) as a manager for a player who has been brilliant in moments but often injured and generally regarded as something of a disappointment...that would be shocking, honestly.

Madrid don’t need to capitulate to Bale and nudge out Zidane. If Bale were to leave they’d simply buy Hazard and Salah and move on.

Personally I think Zidane had just had his fill. I don’t think he ever truly fancied a life in management, but the opportunity arose and he clobbered it. He won 3 consecutive CLs for the biggest club in the world, arguably but certainly in his mind. There’s literally nowhere for him to go but down - so why not call it a day and relax into the role of well-heeled living legend?

And if he still feels an itch in a few months, the France job will be open for the next cycle and his name will be at the top of the list.

I do agree that Bale is almost certainly staying now. Perez’ chief criteria will be finding someone who placates Ronaldo and Bale and has plans for keeping and using them both.
Call me insane but I could also see Zidane take a job at a "smaller" club. Still a top club obviously but one with smaller resources. The dude has such an insane winning mentality I could see him wanting to see if he could create something with a bit more limited resources. But I think he'll take a sabbattical and perhaps take the national team job first.

Call me insane but I could also see Zidane take a job at a "smaller" club. Still a top club obviously but one with smaller resources. The dude has such an insane winning mentality I could see him wanting to see if he could create something with a bit more limited resources. But I think he'll take a sabbattical and perhaps take the national team job first.
Just can’t see him managing again unless it’s France. Madrid is his “home” and he’s done the unprecedented there already. Career-wise there’s nowhere to go, no point in managing to climb the ladder to a dream job. It’d be purely for personal satisfaction, and I can’t see grinding away as a manager must just to do it.

It’d be like winning £100M in the lotto and not quitting your 45 hour week grind. Sure, there’s people who would do it...but those people are masochists.

You're insane.

My reading is that cos of his status/calibre as a player he's winning the man management/respect game with the Greasy Ron & The Galacticos where most won't. See no reason why he couldn't stroll into a similar club and have similar success.

(Look at the core of that team..... They've been together for years and half of them enjoy a 'free' role... Almost strategises itself in-game.)

Smaller club/lesser players/lesser influence in the transfer market/build his own squad? Whole different proposition IMO. Especially in a league like Germany/France where he'd have to break the stranglehold of a BVB or PSG.

It's not like he's found La Liga a cake-walk either... Especially this year...

Especially against SPURS. :dembelewtf:

EDIT: Idle thinking....

As cunty as RM are we overcame their cuntiness, but were undone by that of Juve.... Does that qualify Juve as the bigger cunts?

As you were.

Back
Top Bottom