Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was wondering what people feel would have happened if the same Bale deal was on offer in the summer window last year.
Did Levy only go for it because the team were struggling but last year the team had been in the CL final or
Would Poch have Vetoed it for whatever reason
The same outcome Bale on loan for a year.
I think it would have been a combination of the first 2 suggestions. Levy seems to act when things go bad but not when things going well. I also am not sure Poch would have wanted Bale.

I was wondering what people feel would have happened if the same Bale deal was on offer in the summer window last year.
Did Levy only go for it because the team were struggling but last year the team had been in the CL final or
Would Poch have Vetoed it for whatever reason
The same outcome Bale on loan for a year.
I think it would have been a combination of the first 2 suggestions. Levy seems to act when things go bad but not when things going well. I also am not sure Poch would have wanted Bale.
No, we would have always been interested. Last year China was prepared to pay all 600k a week so we had no chance, and wasn’t desperate to leave.

No, we would have always been interested. Last year China was prepared to pay all 600k a week so we had no chance, and wasn’t desperate to leave.
Think there's truth behind both. Was it Poch didn't get backed, or was it that he wasn't trusted by Levy? Levy saw him as a great coach but not a great spotter of talent? Whatever the case, its clear Levy has backed Mourinho in 1 window over 5 years of Poch.

Think there's truth behind both. Was it Poch didn't get backed, or was it that he wasn't trusted by Levy? Levy saw him as a great coach but not a great spotter of talent? Whatever the case, its clear Levy has backed Mourinho in 1 window over 5 years of Poch.

That's all besides the point when you consider the RM/China situation......

First comment on the page but how amazing is it to have him back.........can't wait to see a front 3 of Kane, Bale and Son.

Happy to be onboard and looking forward to getting involved! COYS!

iu

???

No, I think it was the stadium over-run that cast a huge financial shadow over the club and contributed to the barren 2018 summer window.

He'll struggle to match Son and score fore. At his age he'll probably start to flag and hook a few. But if he links up with Harry and gets his range they'll be unplayable. Can't get any more yardage out of this one.

With Bale at the club I can see us winning more than we draw, and hopefully his injury problems won’t make him fade towards the end of the season. No, I’m sure he will chip in with plenty of long drives, tap-ins and lobs throughout the season, and Bale’s efforts together with a slice of luck should have us fans approaching the vinegar strokes.

Still in shock about this.

Yes he's lost that explosive pace and has issues with fitness, but in many ways he continued to improve as a player after he left us. His decision-making and general instincts became much better.

Can't wait to see him back playing for us. An incredible talent with a point to prove after the shameful treatment he received from Real.

When young my golf pro taught me to swing like Faldo, my nan wrote to Jimmy Saville to ask if he could fix it for Faldo to play around with me.

:pochshock2:

Thankfully Jim couldn't fix it that time. True story.

Old Jim will never know how lucky he was - close shave for him!

Back
Top Bottom