Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else already finding the golf stuff really old, everytime his name comes up some absolute jokester goes ‘what’s he playing for the Tottenham golf squad?? 🤣🤣🤣’ as if they’re a comedic genius.
It's just the TalkSport/SSN kind of narrative have taken root for years now. The situation at Real Madrid was obviously more nuanced but it's easier to take the piss and run with golf gags. God forbid the man has a hobby that doesn't involve drink driving or smashing prostitutes behind his partner's back.

I honestly find the media portrayal of him a little perplexing - at times they've tried to paint him as a failure (despite getting his dream move and playing a vital role in winning everything there is to win with Real Madrid) but then cream their pants as soon as any rumour of him returning to the PL comes up. I have a sneaking suspicion the hype would have been even more incredible if he'd have gone to United instead of us, but that's a whole different discussion.

Hopefully all of the jibes will make him that much more determined to show he's still got it and shove it down their throats.

Without meaning to piss on everyone's chips (I too am excited about the return of the prodigal son), I think many are really letting the excitement overwhelm the pragmatism of Bale's injury record.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth-bale/verletzungen/spieler/39381

30 injuries in 10 years is maybe the worst record of any single player in Europe's top leagues. It's all over his body as well (Calf, Hamstring, Adductor, Thigh, Knee, Hip, Foot and Back)

A fit Gareth Bale is one of the best in the world and a fit Gareth Bale is something to be excited about. History suggests the likelihood is we won't get a fit Gareth Bale. Fortunately, if he is a sicknote as usual, it's only a loan.

Also, our injury record is poor over the last few years. Last year especially was insane.

The lift his signing has provided the club is great. But now that's gone, seeing it for what it is, is troubling.

He is currently injured until November.

This could be a Moussa Dembele situation where we see greatness in fits and spurts rather than seeing Bale play 40 games this season.

I hope he, and Spurs medical record, can buck the trend.

I think playing for Mourinho would help the situation than say for Pochettino, because I don't think he'll ask too much pressing of Bale.

Fingers crossed all the above is water under the bridge and this motherfucker is back...

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

Without meaning to piss on everyone's chips (I too am excited about the return of the prodigal son), I think many are really letting the excitement overwhelm the pragmatism of Bale's injury record.

30 injuries in 10 years is maybe the worst record of any single player in Europe's top leagues. It's all over his body as well (Calf, Hamstring, Adductor, Thigh, Knee, Hip, Foot and Back)

A fit Gareth Bale is one of the best in the world and a fit Gareth Bale is something to be excited about. History suggests the likelihood is we won't get a fit Gareth Bale. Fortunately, if he is a sicknote as usual, it's only a loan.

Also, our injury record is poor over the last few years. Last year especially was insane.

The lift his signing has provided the club is great. But now that's gone, seeing it for what it is, is troubling.

This could be a Moussa Dembele situation where we see greatness in fits and spurts rather than seeing Bale play 40 games this season.

I think playing for Mourinho would help the situation than say for Pochettino, because I don't think he'll ask too much pressing of Bale.

Fingers crossed all the above is water under the bridge and this motherfucker is back...

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

No one thinks he is playing 90 minutes of every game this season.

He is a bit of a luxury player but one of the most technically able footballers in the world.

Also he has more major accolades than we have won in recent history by a significant margin.

The hope is the signing will give the players a kick up the arse and inject some magic into some key games.

given most of us thought our window would be finished after Holjberg, can’t we get a bit excited about a significant player who loves the club returning?

Last edited:

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

He is not injured until November, that story was based on one shitty newspaper article that said he wouldn’t be “fully fit” until then. He will be ready to train with the team in a week or so.

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif
No one read - lol

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

He’ll be fine, and amazing.

How sick would that be?

Sonny and Bale dovetailing Harry on a counter.

Oosh.

He’s always had injury problems, even when originally with us, but at his age the minor injuries don’t pose much long-term risk.

Can’t wait to see him in our attack. With the exception of Messi he’s the one player in the world I would have hand picked to join us.

Back
Top Bottom