Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for posting.

Initially I thought it was Zidane taking the piss. But presumably it's a "historical" interview, from when Bale was originally at Spurs.

Are we going to have to wait for ZZ and Gareth's autobiographies before we learn what really went down between them?
I'd suggest we might hear the full story (at least from Bale's side) the moment his Real contract is up, but to be honest he's not really the sort of personality that would actively want to air his dirty laundry like that.

If he has a good two seasons with Spurs between now and then, he'll probably just stay quiet about it forever.

Agreed. We needed someone with experience. Someone who isn't green. A bit of drive about them. The finished article no rough edges. Someone you won't want to hook after he's had his half time orange slice (What was that all about?). I for one am looking forward to seeing him play straight down the middle.
He'll need to keep his head and foot down the middle of wicket and bat facing the bowler in order to play the on drive down the middle straight past the umpire.

Oh hang on, wrong sport.

As you were...

Ridiculously good, so good at breaking through the lines.

Genuinely salivating at the thought of Son Kane Bale with Ndombele in midfield.

It would be one of the strongest attacking lineups in the league.

I think it all depends however on how often they can play together which depends on whether they can remain injury free, which is a bit of a doubt.

How the hell was he not a total legend at Real Madrid.........

He should be hailed a hero
Agreed. They're just spoiled in Madrid.

We might not be getting back the sprintster of old, but instead we're getting back a player who has been honing his touch and technique alongside Ronaldo etc for the past 7 years, and who has made a habit out of winning huge games for them.

Can't wait. :llorishowudoin:

Great news. There was every chance for it to turn into a shitshow if he was called up for Wales.
There are always two ways to look at it, if he's close to being ready then there is also a strong argument that he builds his minutes up and match fitness up playing for Wales is better than doing that in Spurs competitive games. Think as it as his own mini pre-season.

I think Mourinho may have had a bit of influence on Bale not being called up. Before, Bale would have been called up regardless, especially as the rumours are that he'd be fit enough to play the weekend after the breaks.

Back
Top Bottom