Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carrick was one of those players you only really appreciated watching the game live and not on TV, did a lot of the Ball

It's amazing really - if we had a player identical to Carrick from 05/06 in our team right now. I reckon he'd get abuse from our fans, even today.

Carrick was one of those players you only really appreciated watching the game live and not on TV, did a lot of the Ball
Dunno about that mate, I was working my balls off in 2005, wasnā€™t able to go to games, I only saw matches on TV and it was so obvious to me that he was the cog that was making the Tottenham midfield function.

He was such a standout that it beggared belief that some fans couldnā€™t see it, I couldnā€™t believe some of the shit that I was reading, just surreal.

Dunno about that mate, I was working my balls off in 2005, wasnā€™t able to go to games, I only saw matches on TV and it was so obvious to me that he was the cog that was making the Tottenham midfield function.

He was such a standout that it beggared belief that some fans couldnā€™t see it, I couldnā€™t believe some of the shit that I was reading, just surreal.

I still remember his performance at Highbury in 2006.

One of the best performances I've seen from any Spurs midfielder away at a top club. Controlled it from the first minute. Missed a sitter though.

Michael Brown being garbage is one thing, but not being able to see what Carrick was doing linking up play was quite another.

Like I said itā€™s amazing how some fans canā€™t understand football although they love it so much, I saw the same thing again with Ndombele.

So much talent and ability although his attitude and fitness was a problem, you donā€™t give up on a player like that after a few months and demand he should be sold, youā€™ve got to persevere and try to change him!
Brown was a good box2box midfielder in the 2nd tier, but in the prem he just ran around kicking people.

fitness and mentality are far, far easier attributes to improve than raw talent, and yet there's an obsession with the former.

The best players in the world or on any team are almost always the most talented ones.

Ok maybe not everyone but he did so much that the TV screens didn't pick up out of screen.
Great player should of kept him.

I still remember his performance at Highbury in 2006.

One of the best performances I've seen from any Spurs midfielder away at a top club. Controlled it from the first minute. Missed a sitter though.
Every game was memorable for me, he was such a different player.

He was a joy to watch, totally different from all the other midfielders we had around that time, he was a proper thinker. No pass was played without consideration, everything was done with a purpose.

I think Levy learned from that. The trick was to build our team around players no other club would ever want, hence our subsequent teams were built around Huddlestone and Jenas
To be fair to Huddlestone, he didn't become a regular member of the first team until 2009. Really superb talent. Brilliant performance in the CL clinching game at the Etihad.

To be fair to Huddlestone, he didn't become a regular member of the first team until 2009. Really superb talent. Brilliant performance in the CL clinching game at the Etihad.

Huddlestone was fantastic in 2009-10.

Guy had the best technique of any midfielder I've seen in my lifetime at Spurs. BUT he couldn't really keep himself fit for long periods and football was evolving at a rapid pace with how teams started pressing a lot harder and we saw less and less of him as the years went on.

Still, he gave us this in one of his last performances for us

What a beauty of an assist.

Huddlestone was fantastic in 2009-10.

Guy had the best technique of any midfielder I've seen in my lifetime at Spurs. BUT he couldn't really keep himself fit for long periods and football was evolving at a rapid pace with how teams started pressing a lot harder and we saw less and less of him as the years went on.

Still, he gave us this in one of his last performances for us

What a beauty of an assist.

I have a thing for midfielders, I really love great passers.

I loved Hudd, it was like the second coming of Carrick for me, it still fucks me off he didnā€™t fulfill his potential. Really fucks me off.

I have a thing for midfielders, I really love great passers.

I loved Hudd, it was like the second coming of Carrick for me, it still fucks me off he didnā€™t fulfill his potential. Really fucks me off.

He just wasn't very mobile and if pressed, would struggle.

The Premier League really started evolving in the last decade with insane pressing, especially the top clubs. Huddlestone wouldn't have survived. Though he was a lot more intelligent than people gave him credit for and he could pass first time under pressure quite well.

I'm not sure where he could have fit in.

Modric/Parker was a better partnership. As was Modric/Sandro and Dembele/Sandro.

This is really boiling my piss:

Every 15 minutes or so, bloody Talksport keep banging on about Gareth Bale making his SECOND DEBUT for Spurs.

You CANNOT make a second debut. There is no such thing as a second debut. It's not a thing. If he plays today he will be making his first appearance on his return, or something.

Fucking lingusitically fucking lazy bastards.

Otherwise, it's quite a good listen.

Apart from the necessary evil of the adverts.

What is the stereotype about welsh people in the rest of Britain? Stubborn?

tenor.gif

Iā€™m not expecting much from Bale today to be honest, letā€™s just give him time to get up to speed with the PL , I think we start seeing the best from him after Christmas

Back
Top Bottom