Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm betting 20€ to he scores today.

Even if he plays only 30 minutes he's scoring.

What is the stereotype about welsh people in the rest of Britain? Stubborn?
They **** sheep.

Edit - not saying it's true or anything, but they have similar bone structures.

OX79qUU.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think is the amount Levy is asking for Kane? 200M€?
That would be the sort of realistic price if he wanted to leave. While he doesnt then Levy is probably quoting double that at least.

As long as we win thinks he will stay so important season or two now. With Bale and other additions we’ve made I think we will start winning things and he will never leave.

What is his salary? Being the best 9 of the world at the moment, the offers must have been huge and I guess he has played a good part in staying. I'm sure Madrid, Barsa, etc, made good offers. We need a 9 more than air and water but Kane was discarded long ago apparently for being too expensive.

Yeh I say given his contract and everything Levy will want 200m but probably around 120-150m if Kane pushes to leave realistically.

He would still be a good deal as he is 27 but is a player who keeps himself in shape but more importantly is not reliant on pace or power. Players like that such as Scholes, Terry, Sheringham tend to last much longer at top level. Between 35-40 where as pace players tend to be finished at around 33-35.

if I compare him to Modric and Bale he obviously isn’t as skilful as Modric or quick as Bale but he is for my money a more intelligent footballer. He knows who is around him, when to pass, when to shoot. He would be in the team even without his goals his passing is that good, he is our best player.

we have had a great transfer window but no-one would blame Kane if he moved on he has been that good for us. That being said I would love him to be here for his career.

I´ll say it again. I love Gareth Bale, but the best news at the moment is that he is coming to a team already scoring goals for fun. And he´s seeing Kane and Sonny working tirelessly without the ball.

Perfect situation - for him and for the team.

hate to say it but he should have never come on today - he's not ready

clearly not fit to play and it took away playing time from guys like lamela who's contributed a lot to our recent winning form

now there are going to be some serious questions going forward in terms of who should be getting playing time - my bet is that bale is not going to be getting as much playing time (for the time being) as we had initially thought

He lost the ball way too many times. Did not seem keen to see the game out but to grab headlines. Course if he scored it would be the return of the king. But I'd have been equally happy had he run it into the corner and got a foul. Why risk losing the ball by going for a mazy run.

Are we really being critical already ? Jesus. The guys played 20 mins. Bale isn’t the problem here, it’s that dog shit defence. The quicker we implement this Rodon and get useless cunts like Aurier and Sanchez out the team, the better. Bale looked a little rusty as expected, but even though he missed that sitter, that run showed he has something in his locker still. No issue with bale whatsoever. It’s our defence I worry about.

Back
Top Bottom