Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, as others of said he clearly wasn't match fit or that sharp today. From the video of him in training, it was clear that his finishing is still great.. just needs to add some sharpness and get his fitness back, as well as get a good understanding of the players around him..then our attack will be even more frightening..

Yep, as others of said he clearly wasn't match fit or that sharp today. From the video of him in training, it was clear that his finishing is still great.. just needs to add some sharpness and get his fitness back, as well as get a good understanding of the players around him..then our attack will be even more frightening..

That was the biggest take-away for me.... He spent half his game-time looking round to see where everybody else was.

That was the biggest take-away for me.... He spent half his game-time looking round to see where everybody else was.
He did make a few runs into space when the ball was in MF - sometimes they were missed, but Harry found him for his chance. A part of it is for others to learn what he does, too. It will be a shock for our MF to be able to pass to the RW and expect something to happen, rather than Lucas run it into someone; Moussa shin it into the stands; Aurier / Trippier pass it back to you; Coco take 35 touches and fall over.

Are we really being critical already ? Jesus. The guys played 20 mins. Bale isn’t the problem here, it’s that dog shit defence. The quicker we implement this Rodon and get useless cunts like Aurier and Sanchez out the team, the better. Bale looked a little rusty as expected, but even though he missed that sitter, that run showed he has something in his locker still. No issue with bale whatsoever. It’s our defence I worry about.
100%. Can't believe some of the criticisms on here. Bale coming on at 70mins when we were 3-0 wasn't a problem. Ideal time to give him a run out you'd think. Maybe get a goal for himself. If fans were in the ground they would be loving it. The issue is the bloody defence and an embarrassing inability to defend set pieces and see out a game.

Any other team in the world, 3-0 up, makes sense to bring on Bale and give him a run around. But not Spurs. We are not safe until we are 4 up. And Jose of all people should've known that. Could've gotten away with it if he was the only sub and make Sonny do the running for him - but to take of Ndombele and Son and putting on a half cooked Bale was asking for trouble.

We haven't kept a clean sheet yet, and would've expected that to be Jose's priority. At least get one on the board to help build confidence in the defence. Now the constant anxiety every time a shit team hoofs the ball into our area rolls on for yet another week.

hate to say it but he should have never come on today - he's not ready

clearly not fit to play and it took away playing time from guys like lamela who's contributed a lot to our recent winning form

now there are going to be some serious questions going forward in terms of who should be getting playing time - my bet is that bale is not going to be getting as much playing time (for the time being) as we had initially thought
He could and probably should have scored the winner, so I don't see how he's not ready.

As for taking time away from Lamela? You realise he was injured?

yarmalenko barged into like a wwe superstar. I'm suprised he still got his shot off although if he didn't the ref would've given that. fine margins

Dolph Ziggler Reaction GIF by WWE

How much does Gareth Bale weigh? Fourteen stone and a bit? It would be nice if he could slim down a bit.
His running would improve if he did. It's clearly not fat though. He just hit the gym too hard.

He could and probably should have scored the winner, so I don't see how he's not ready.

As for taking time away from Lamela? You realise he was injured?
He didn't break into a sprint once and even his big chance he looked like he was treading through treacle. He was blowing out of his arse after that too.

He will come good. But needs a lot of minutes in europa before we throw him into any PL game that we aren't winning by 4 clear goals.

He's clearly not match-fit yet but almost scored today. We'll have to give him some time for match fitness to build up but I can only see good things in his link up with Kane and Son.

We've got a lot more to worry about before Bale.

Bale should have scored but he also created the chance on his own, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

Him coming on for Bergwijn was, at worst, neutral for the team's performance the last 20.

How much does Gareth Bale weigh? Fourteen stone and a bit? It would be nice if he could slim down a bit.
His running would improve if he did. It's clearly not fat though. He just hit the gym too hard.
I agree, he looked a bit stiff and lumpy today. He weighed around 75 kg during his poty 12/13 season, wonder what he weighs today. But give him a few weeks with regular football he'll be back in prime shape.

Certainly can't blame Jose for bringing him on...up 3-0 at home you would think is the perfect time to get him some minutes.

His miss at the end was shocking though, I think that was an easier chance than any of the ones we scored. Probably chalk up to lack of match time.

Back
Top Bottom