Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a troll, aren't you?
why? because i said Bergwijn looks better than Bale at this point?

right now, he couldn't even out perform moura in game against weak LASK, and i don't expect him to get much better even if he gets more game time because he seems lost some physical ability, which was one of his strongest attribute. and it's not gonna get better with age.

what Spurs need to do is invest time on Bergwijn, not Bale. Bergwijn has talent to become top player in Europe if given more opportunity. he's the sleeper stock that will become jackpot, not Bale.

He said himself after the game that this is like a mini preseason for him, he just needs some time to reach his best condition.

No worries about him, you can tell from watching him that he is making the right movements and seeing all the passes, clearly an intelligent player still. Just a bit rusty. Hopefully after the next international break he will be back to his best.

People said all the same brainless stuff about "legs gone, never going to be the same" when Kane returned from his most recent injury and now it's clear those people were mentally challenged. He's played less than 300 minutes since February, he needs a few weeks, that's all.

The only thing that can derail him turning into a 15 combined goal/assist man for us this year is injuries. You can clearly see he still oozes ability even if he’s still working on his fitness.

I remain patient on Bale. If he's done nothing in 4/5 weeks time I'll be worried. Kane can look just as lumbering when he's working his way back toward fitness.

Was a bit worrying tonight. Looked glacial in terms of pace.

He can't take up a position on the right if he has absolutely zero intention of even trying to take a man on. As soon as Moura took his position, the game opened up for us.

Almost looks like he should be playing centrally.

I remain patient on Bale. If he's done nothing in 4/5 weeks time I'll be worried. Kane can look just as lumbering when he's working his way back toward fitness.
Difference is Kane was still scoring goals and contributing throughout the pitch pretty consistently. Bale offered nothing. That's two games where he's been useless against Europa League teams.

Back
Top Bottom