Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People need to get off Bale's case. Accept he's 31 not 21. If you look at his performances for us, they've been gradually improving as has his fitness and he's looked a class act when on the ball. Just don't expect to see him bombing it past 4 or 5 players for fuck sake!

He'll play a big role in the squad with the amount of games we have coming up this season so get off his case and back him and the others. Simple as that.

Jose’s management of him has been tremendous.
As Gmspurs Gmspurs says, a lesser manager would have been under immense pressure to play him as soon as possible - purely because he is Gareth Bale.
Jose is managing to give him time to find his feet again after his hiatus at RM over the past couple of seasons. And Bale himself is all smiles on the training pitch. He seems happy with the way he is being utilised at present. It’s a long old season and what we can say about him is that for a 31 year old who has won everything worth winning at club level, he still doesn’t have too many miles on the clock.
He is likely to play a very big part in our season imo and there is absolutely no need to rush him into a team that is getting the results already.
Jose is happy with that.
Bale is happy with that.
And I’m very happy knowing that Bale is yet to make his print on the season.

People questioning if we need Bale ? Are you conveniently forgetting the last minute winner he scored v Brighton ? The guy still has the game changing quality. That extra class to push us further. We have a huge season ahead, Gareth Bale will be instrumental to that

People questioning if we need Bale ? Are you conveniently forgetting the last minute winner he scored v Brighton ? The guy still has the game changing quality. That extra class to push us further. We have a huge season ahead, Gareth Bale will be instrumental to that
Last minute winner in minute 73...

I agree with you all that if he's not ready rushing him him is only counter productive. However, we are desperately in need of a quality third forward who can score goals and create space for Son and Kane.

I was hoping Bale would be it, but he's taking his sweet time getting there. In the game against Chelsea he should have been the ace up our sleeve. How much longer will we have to wait?

A lot of you need to brace for the possibility that he'll only ever be a bit part player for us.

Maybe, maybe not, but if we'd bought a fit and healthy young player, he'd already be available and perhaps made a difference for us against Chelsea or Antwerp.

Palace paid about 10m more for Eze who's already put in some very sold performances. I'd have rather had Eze, Benrahma or Bowen - who in 10 games has matched Lucas Moura's 4 goals from 35 games last season.

Bale is a big game player. Later in the season we will be playing crunch games and hopefully finals and this is when Gareth will be showing his worth.

Currently he is barely above decent but he is certainly not a liability. If he can improve maybe only in baby steps as the season progresses he will make a good contribution to the team's success.

He is due a FK goal and tonight may be the night.

I agree with you all that if he's not ready rushing him him is only counter productive. However, we are desperately in need of a quality third forward who can score goals and create space for Son and Kane.

I was hoping Bale would be it, but he's taking his sweet time getting there. In the game against Chelsea he should have been the ace up our sleeve. How much longer will we have to wait?

A lot of you need to brace for the possibility that he'll only ever be a bit part player for us.
He wouldn't have shielded the defence as well as Son, Bergwijn or Lucas or even GLC IMO.
Keep the cleen sheet. Stay top. That was the plan. If we snuck a goal great, but don't leave ourselves open.

Bale was ready to come on at 2-0 Vs City when they were well beaten and running out of puff. He could have come on there and done something special but then Toby goes down and Rodon has to come on instead.
We didn't have that with Chelsea, we didn't crack them open and they weren't running out of puff.

Bale is a big game player. Later in the season we will be playing crunch games and hopefully finals and this is when Gareth will be showing his worth.

Currently he is barely above decent but he is certainly not a liability. If he can improve maybe only in baby steps as the season progresses he will make a good contribution to the team's success.

He aint too shabby at corners either

Maybe, maybe not, but if we'd bought a fit and healthy young player, he'd already be available and perhaps made a difference for us against Chelsea or Antwerp.

Palace paid about 10m more for Eze who's already put in some very sold performances. I'd have rather had Eze, Benrahma or Bowen - who in 10 games has matched Lucas Moura's 4 goals from 35 games last season.

Yeah, you're talking shit.

In fact I think he's been good until now but lack goals. He came close so many time and if had he scored we'll already think he's that amazing player he was. Unlucky, but goal will come.

Last edited:

He won't have the same pace anymore but I'd expect him to go for goal more often or to whip in those crosses like he can. It's all just very safe at the moment. Really want to see him run the game and lead from the front. Have a feeling Jose won't trust him for crunch games

He won't have the same pace anymore but I'd expect him to go for goal more often or to whip in those crosses like he can. It's all just very safe at the moment. Really want to see him run the game and lead from the front. Have a feeling Jose won't trust him for crunch games
If he shows that he deserves to be trusted he will be. That's probably the thing I like most about Mourinho as a manager, there's a real meritocracy in the squad, the players who perform well are the ones who get into the first XI, whether it's Aurier, or Ndombele, or Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom