Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was great for Marine to have Bale playing on their pitch. Regardless of form, he is a world superstar.

Apart from that, nothing to see here. Looking forward to him getting a 15-20 minutes vs Fulham. He'll hopefully use the opportunity well.

We paid 20 million in wages and fees for Bale. I think he understands that he's almost in an ambassador role and that he is here to make the club a little money along the way. He seems to be having fun and reports say that he asked to be included in the squad at Marine, then played, which was pretty nice of him of him, imo. If he can contribute a few goals in the cups then I think he is doing ok.

We paid 20 million in wages and fees for Bale. I think he understands that he's almost in an ambassador role and that he is here to make the club a little money along the way. He seems to be having fun and reports say that he asked to be included in the squad at Marine, then played, which was pretty nice of him of him, imo. If he can contribute a few goals in the cups then I think he is doing ok.

Yep, I think it's basically a PR stunt. He's not here to set the league alight, he's here because of the fans he has worldwide and the media attention. He's here to generate some interest in the club and sell a few extra shirts so I'm not expecting anything from him. I hope he can contribute a little along the way, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

The trouble with that point of view is based on current performances we'd only ever have 7 players on the field. We do at some point have to give the players a chance to turn things around. It doesn't matter whether it's the league or the cup, all games are important when we're fighting on four fronts.
At least when its not going right for berg etc. theyll still do a job and work whether defensivesly or going something. Bale isnt doing enough at moment going forward that he can get away with not putting the work in

SleepyHorribleGrebe-max-1mb.gif

Genuinely so sad what a spate of injuries and just simply falling out of love with the game have done to him. Literally a fraction of the player he once was.
Unless there’s a massive change in the next few months, sadly it would make no sense from a football or financial stand point to keep him next season.

I'd like to judge him on a full season, there are many games coming up where he may or may not make an impact.

Up til now he has three goals, but his game is pretty far off.

Back
Top Bottom