Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

11 goals 2 assists in 920minutes. Under a shite manager that made us park the bus. Wouldn't call them exactly shite stats
I'll guarantee you none of Lucas, Bergwijn, Gil (or Traore if we get him) will match those numbers.

Yet some Jose loving dickwads were too bothered about him not tracking back and protecting the right-back. Forget the fact the right-back was fucking dog-shit which was the actual problem.

You can see a lot more if you look at what actually happens on the pitch instead of just numbers.

Good luck to him, wonder why Real Madrid are looking rid again?
Why not look at both? What is wrong with judging a player based on more criterias than one.
On the pitch we were playing one of the worst footballs we played in years. Jose barely played him. Even in games where a hail-mary would have helped he subbed in world class players like Winks and Sissoko.
From a defensive POV Bale is not a good player, but that is not his job. Last season he was in our top 5 best attacking players and Jose used him as the 10th option. Im not saying he had a brilliant season but he wasnt as bad as people say it was.
Real Madrid are looking rid because his wages are insane. If they really wanted him rid that badly they would have offered him on loan again.
It was a shame that he joined us in one of our worst periods under a manager that played defensive football for 85minutes out of 90.

You can see a lot more if you look at what actually happens on the pitch instead of just numbers.

Good luck to him, wonder why Real Madrid are looking rid again?
Its only about numbers. What else is it about. Madrid arent looking to get rid as they are playing him and he is scoring. They are trying to reduce their wages as barca also are. Not sure if you've seen the news lately.

He is absolutely someone we should get back. Definite upgrade to Bergwyn and now that Kane will have his head in the game

Its only about numbers. What else is it about. Madrid arent looking to get rid as they are playing him and he is scoring. They are trying to reduce their wages as barca also are. Not sure if you've seen the news lately.

He is absolutely someone we should get back. Definite upgrade to Bergwyn and now that Kane will have his head in the game
Rubbish, utter tosh.

I've even edited it to make it clearer what I was responding to seeing as how just bold wasn't enough clearly.

His wages are too high for the effort he puts in, he can fuck off and play golf in Spain.

Last edited:
Rubbish, utter tosh.

I've even edited it to make it clearer what I was responding to seeing as how just bold wasn't enough clearly.

His wages are too high for the effort he puts in, he can fuck off and play golf in Spain.
For me its the wages, and the fact that he basically gave an interview and stated that he was just using Spurs as a rehab facility to get in shape for the Euros.

Hope he enjoys his retirement in LA/Miami.

Back
Top Bottom