Gareth Southgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched those tournaments and agree we were impressive. We were also, by some distance imo, the strongest side on paper.

I think Southgate has been blessed in his tenure with England to have the most talented set of English players since 1990.
I don't know if most talented. 2006-8 had some good players in it, also the 96 squad was very decent. The difference here this is the first England squad in a while that is also a *team*. No divas, and a lot of good faith between the players. You can't help but feeling Southgate has a part in that.

I watched those tournaments and agree we were impressive. We were also, by some distance imo, the strongest side on paper.

I think Southgate has been blessed in his tenure with England to have the most talented set of English players since 1990.
Attackers yes but not the goalkeeper, centre halves, or centre midfield.

I don't know if most talented. 2006-8 had some good players in it, also the 96 squad was very decent. The difference here this is the first England squad in a while that is also a *team*. No divas, and a lot of good faith between the players. You can't help but feeling Southgate has a part in that.

I don't ever recall such high quality depth before..... Apart from CB we are stacked.

SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur what do you think of last nights performance, coming round to Gary? I would have liked to see Grealish start but can’t argue with 4-0 ,
Also nice to see a manager not afraid to take Harry off when he is on a hat trick!
Brilliant.

He did what we discussed didn't he? Brought Mason Mount into the fold and created that link between midfield and forwards.

Kane comes good just as all Spurs fan knew he would.

Only Italy to worry about really. Spain looked shit.

Not that we should underestimate Denmark. Hojbjerg is a monster at the minute and will definitely provide a challenge to our midfield.

Who would have thought we'd be cheering Chelsea and West Ham midfielders over Spurs.

He is literally the blueprint of an international manager. Sheer class. Not sure I'd like him at Spurs, not totally convinced he'd be good at 'big club' management. But he is the man for England. Long may he reign.

I'm struggling tot think of a more likeable manager. Even people from other Nations think he comes across really well and don't have a bad word to say about him. When he talks you actually listen, and while he doesn't say anything too deep, he just makes sense a hell of a lot of the time. Also have to say I really like Denmark's manager too. Like Southgate he also seems to conduct himself really well, and has clearly done a great job with the Danes.

Back
Top Bottom