Gary Mabbutt Emergency Op.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the BBC Sport Website.

BBC SPORT said:
Tottenham say that Gary Mabbutt is now making a successful recovery from an emergency operation to cure a circulation blockage in his left leg. Mabbutt was admitted to Kings College Hospital, London, for a peripheral artery bypass operation and will remain in hospital for a two-week recovery period.

Get well soon! From FA Cup heartbreak to glory. I remember his testimonial against newcastle- if anyone needs a reminder of how far we've come that would be a good game to reference.

*On a side note- every time I read or write a sentence that begins with- I remember- I read it internally like David Pleat

Get well soon! From FA Cup heartbreak to glory. I remember his testimonial against newcastle- if anyone needs a reminder of how far we've come that would be a good game to reference.

*On a side note- every time I read or write a sentence that begins with- I remember- I read it internally like David Pleat
Do you find yourself arbitrarily mispronouncing names for some time afterwards?

...And get well soon Mabs.

Get well soon Mabbut! Met him a few times and you can tell the way he talks about Tottenham that he does love the club.

Bumped into him a few times last time was the CC final against united walking up Wembley Way lovely bloke, wish him a speedy recovery.

Is he still with Frank Butchers daughter? Never could get my head round that one.

He's a legend. Diabetes and a hole in his heart, but captained our great club, lifted the FA Cup and played for England.

He's a winner.

I knew about the Diabetes, but are you sure you're not confusing him with Asa Hartford (ironic name, just realised!) about the hole-in-the-heart?

The guy would never have been allowed near a football pitch nowadays with BOTH conditions!

th
Ah great memories

When I was 6 he told me I was going to be a future captain of Spurs.

I have an intense hatred of John Fashanu after what he did to Mabbutt.

So Mabbutt lies to kids now does he....?

THE MAN IS SCUM!!

But do hope he's much better soon, and yes, 'Fash' epitomised the Crazy Gang spirit perfectly by almost blinding him! ...bunch of cunts!

Back
Top Bottom