Gary Neville, Valencia manager...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose with just a few years coaching experience each, and not at club level, anyone would be dubious.

I have a lot of time for Gary Neville he knows his football and was one of the better informed and non biased pundits. I would like to see him do well.
However, maybe this was too soon.
Taking the job of a very decent club with some problems, 2 times champions & only finished outside the top 5 10 times in 28 years - only double figures in league position 4 times (10,10,10, 14) in that time too - in a foreign country with a different language with no managerial experience at all and little coaching.
At present they are in 12th in La Liga and if they remain there it will be their lowest finish in 27 years.
No doubt the brothers both got their Valencia gigs down to nepotism and not merit.
Obviously did not sit too well with the Valencia faithful as it wouldn't sit well with many.
The only way to win them over was to have some decent results, and that has proved a little hard.
I think it runs a little bit deeper than Neville though. Previous mismanagement and now Lim's nepotism, not only with managerial/coacjing appointments but with buying players -and maybe for too much - through his other friend/business colleague Mendes.
I also think this 7-0 ranks as one of their worst defeats. Maybe their heaviest against Barca too? They lost 6-0 to Barca in 2007/8 -in the league - the year they finished 10th. However, they won the Copa Del Ray.

I hope Neville can turn it around for them.

Gary Neville has been an absolute disaster a car crash of a football manager , I thought he'd prove an inadequate manager but didn't think he'd be this terrible. I can't believe how many Gary Neville apologists we have on here there really is no defence he's been farcical.

I do wonder wtf he was thinking taking such a big managerial job first up, especially in a foreign country. Silly bloke. He was making waves as an expert on tv, should have stuck to that, or cut his teeth on a smaller club in England. Pratt

I do wonder wtf he was thinking taking such a big managerial job first up, especially in a foreign country. Silly bloke. He was making waves as an expert on tv, should have stuck to that, or cut his teeth on a smaller club in England. Pratt
You can't knock the ambition, he had an opportunity and rightly said when it was announced if he was a pundit he'd be questioning the appointment, but wanted to prove people wrong.

But clearly he's out of of his depth.

Back
Top Bottom