Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah it’s a shame to see him go, but like Bale and Modric etc. before him, some players just shine too bright for Spurs to hold on to. Hats off to José for thinking of the player before the club and not standing in his way.

Good luck Gedson.

Apparently the optional fee is closer to £35m than the figures being quoted so far and the 4.5m will count towards that figure.

Levy+Money.gif

The upper body is just a visual gauge, it appears to me he has dropped 4-5kg upper body bulk, but that's just a guess from what I saw in 2018 when he was getting too big in chest size.

From that article:

"The 23-year-old is now on a high protein, low sugar diet, while he is undertaking regular yoga sessions to increase his muscular mobility. "

That is fine, on the face of it, but that is likely a more acidic diet (protein is acid forming), so if not very nuanced you need much higher supplemental minerals (which come bound to sugars in dietary terms, chiefly Sucrose chains... hence the catch22 in many situations with these Paleo diets, especially if too meat heavy rather than lean(er) = chicken, salmon, plant based, and in % terms, plus the fats in the meats are very hard to cycle for top athletes and a minefield for even nutritionists to understand and put aside their own dietary biases).

Andy Murray = Quintessential wrong version of a Paleo diet
Novak Djokovic = Quintessential right version of a Paleo diet

Plus you need your carbs for readily combustible energy, you look at the tour de france guys, tennis players, they are eating mountains of Rice/Quinoa, not high protein. So it very much depends on who the nutritionist is, and, how they align it to match days and rest days, high intensity training days should be lower protein higher carbs the day before and during, rest days higher protein lower carbs, but still heavily swayed towards vegetables/fruit being the central core 50-75% of the meal plan (dropping lower on performance days, but increasing Quinoa or Rice and fruits for example, dropping meat/plant protein from 25% to 15% type range IMO).

Every day = masses of Magnesium and good amounts of Calcium (both key to muscle relaxation and repair).

Not saying the nutritionist has it wrong, but there is a good chance they are swayed more towards the Murray Paleo, than Djokovic, especially if Dele's natural bias is a high meat diet. The fat profile is also crucial.

(hopefully Murray is now on the right track, just using him as the example, as Vs Djokovic is a good side to side of two who were neck and neck as Juniors, both got to the top, but one has found a diet which keeps him there, the other traded 4-5 years of his career for power in the shorter term it seems).

If Dele has a weak metabolic function he may need high MSM (and host of other supps to assist his weaker biological structures), this could be a key in his longer term recovery (to whatever level his body will now allow). If the Nutritionist has him on VitC it must be buffered, preferably Liposomal Sodium/Potassium Ascorbate so buffered and encapsulated to make it fat soluble, he can afford the best...

Anyway, good to see he is doing all he can, but as we can see, why did it take until late 2019 for any of our squad to take up Yoga, or other recovery patterns, when all we ever heard from Poch was 'Intensity, Bringing It In Training, Work Hard'. It highlights they were all left to their own recovery devices far too much IMO.

I know shit all though, but could see this coming a mile off, as you and a few others know.

You beat me to it. Was gonna say the exact same thing.

Lo Celso is solidifying his place in the team. If Gedson does the same, it means dier gets pushed to reserve minutes, and winks becomes a sub/rotation option. The middle when healthy could be - depending on how Mourinho lines up his defence:

Ndombele---Gedson
LoCelso

Winks would be rotation for Gedson (or vice versa, but I'm sick of winks so I'm hoping Gedson out performs him), Dele for Lo Celso, and sissoko for Ndombele or Gedson depending on need.

Given injuries, this seemed necessary more or less. But when healthy, we surely have a surplus of players in these positions now.

Though if mourinho actually rotates, this helps us shore up our midfield for cups.

It's just mindboggling that we signed someone in our most crowded position, as opposed to striker, RB, or pure destroyer.

I like it. 3 weeks ago most of us hadn't heard of Gedson and none of us had seen him play. Now he is in our first time. By next month he'll be a club legend and we'll be holding his testimonial in the summer no doubt.

I've been pro Levy for a long long time, I think what he did with the stadium and lifting us from mid table to the top 4 was amazing. But I have to agree, we look clueless in recent windows and we have gone the longest time in the clubs history without a trophy.

If he wants bums on seats in the new Stadium he better open the wallet this window, We won't fill the stadium if we return to being a soft touch mid table team
I'd say the problem is that it's like there are two Levys. One is the CEO of the company, and in that capacity he seems to be doing a fine job, as seen in the stadium and training ground.

The other is Levy the Director of Football, and in that regard he's piss poor, or at least has been of late

Is it just me of does anyone else have the feeling of this being another nkoudou or njie.
Benhicz clearly thought he was a bit special, but a year later at only 21 are just trying to get rid of him....
Typical levy bullshit, we all know that the real Fernandes is about to sign for man utd....

No, because Nkoudou and Njie weren't hailed as some of the best talent to come out of their clubs.

Fernandes is.

As to why they're trying to get rid of him? We are interested. We are bigger and better than Benfica. He's fallen out with the manager and doesn't suit his style of play.

Its absolutely incredible how so many people, who haven't got a clue, write off a signing before a ball is kicked.

Why on earth did Inter get rid of Coutinho!?

I actually thought he was good when he came on. Showed zero fear when so many were scared to actually be creative.

Shame about the penalty - was awful.

Racism aimed at him is unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom