Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully expect him to break into the side post Christmas and single handedly turn our season round, dragging us to top 4 and FA Cup, then Levy slaps in a €4.3m bid and he goes to Chelsea.

I wonder if we suffer a financial penalty clause if we terminate the loan early?

At the moment, it's hard to see how Gedson gets any game time and Mourinho says he has too many players.

At the back, Gedson is only a squad option at RB if we sell Aurier.

In midfield, we'd need to sell Sissoko, which we may do, but with Bale playing primarily from the right, plus Lucas in reserve, and Doherty or Aurier as an advanced RB, I think we're more likely to instruct one of our CMs to cover that right side when we attack than select another runner like Gedson.

If there is a financial penalty, and because we want to keep Mendes sweet, then I assume we will sell the likes of Sissoko before terminating Gedson's loan.

Gedson's not that bad. He deputised for Aurier in a game not too long ago and I thought generally he did at least as well - and he put in better crosses than Aurier would have done.

Shoot me down, but I'd pick him over Aurier.

Gedson's not that bad. He deputised for Aurier in a game not too long ago and I thought generally he did at least as well - and he put in better crosses than Aurier would have done.

Shoot me down, but I'd pick him over Aurier.

The fact that with the exception of KWP, we have sold no players this transfer window strongly suggests that there are no buyers prepared to part with much cash to buy the likes of Rose, Aurier, Sissoko et al.

So I suspect that if its easier to cancel the Gedson loan than sell a player that's what we will probably do.

He’s returning to Benfica in January.
Well that worked out well then....

...anyone else think we got duped with the wrong Fernandes?? Bruno was already on his way to Old Trafford, and Levy had ordered a load of F's, E's, R's, N's A's, D's & S's for all the additional shirt sales he was gonna generate... we HAD to get a Fernandes in... any Fernandes!!

Fair play to his agent. He’s got Gedson a whole load of money for someone who can’t really handle professional football. That’s impressive. In fairness, it’s hard to have known too much about his ability, given he was rarely featuring for Benfica’s first team.

:mourshock:

Well that worked out well then....

...anyone else think we got duped with the wrong Fernandes?? Bruno was already on his way to Old Trafford, and Levy had ordered a load of F's, E's, R's, N's A's, D's & S's for all the additional shirt sales he was gonna generate... we HAD to get a Fernandes in... any Fernandes!!
With this kit, we could sign Messi and sell fuck all shirts.

Fair play to his agent. He’s got Gedson a whole load of money for someone who can’t really handle professional football. That’s impressive. In fairness, it’s hard to have known too much about his ability, given he was rarely featuring for Benfica’s first team.

:mourshock:
After their stupid validation, I don't feel bad about their missing CL. But if he was cheaper, we might actually have gone for it and get stuck with him permanent ...

Back
Top Bottom