Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho:​

"Winks didn't play the last one because it was a chance to let players like Gedson get minutes."

Doesn't look like he is leaving.

Who will take his spot in the squad this season?

I've been thinking more and more and it makes sense to have Skipp replace Gedson in our counts. He's under 21 still I hope?

Would make sense to keep Winks and Sissoko as depth and competition.

Of course if you can get Sabitzer you replace one of them.

Who will take his spot in the squad this season?

I've been thinking more and more and it makes sense to have Skipp replace Gedson in our counts. He's under 21 still I hope?

Would make sense to keep Winks and Sissoko as depth and competition.

Of course if you can get Sabitzer you replace one of them.

He cannot fit into EL squad, so can only play in domestic cups. Would need to sell an overseas player to fit him into EL squad. Counts as an u21 for PL this season only, but his playing time (or lack thereof) probably shows JM's opinion of him

Skipp will count as an u21 in all squads next season and as a Club trained player thereafter, so no problem to fit him in a squad.

He cannot fit into EL squad, so can only play in domestic cups. Would need to sell an overseas player to fit him into EL squad. Counts as an u21 for PL this season only, but his playing time (or lack thereof) probably shows JM's opinion of him

Skipp will count as an u21 in all squads next season and as a Club trained player thereafter, so no problem to fit him in a squad.
Yeah I meant next season.

The season after he would still need to fit into the 25 right? He would count as home grown which is good, but need to "fit" into that cap, while next season he doesn't.

Could work pretty well as a gradual shift from Sissoko, who's getting older.

Yeah I meant next season.

The season after he would still need to fit into the 25 right? He would count as home grown which is good, but need to "fit" into that cap, while next season he doesn't.

Could work pretty well as a gradual shift from Sissoko, who's getting older.

Gedson would take an overseas trained place next year - and no signs that he is good enough.

Serie A outfit Torino have been credited with an interest in the Portugal international and are said to be keen to take him on loan until the end of the season.

And now Galatasaray have emerged as a possible destination for Gedson, according to Turkish daily Sabah.

The Turkish giants’ coach Terim is claimed to have talked to Spurs boss Mourinho about the 22-year-old.

Benfica are prepared to cut short Gedson’s loan at the Premier League club if another club agree to take him on loan until the end of the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom