Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or, radical idea, let the manager buy the players he wants, not the players Levy thinks might turn a profit in 5 years
Which players have we bought to make a profit on in the last five years?? Apart from the ‘out there’ long shots, (N’Koudou; N’Jie), hasn’t there been an expectation they’d play - Janssen, Alli, Tanguy, GLC, Sess...please correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t recall players bought who weren’t expected to play some part???

(And we’ve certainly not been selling on for crazy inflated prices - if only!)

Hope he hits the ground running. Our Portuguese coaching staff must obviously see something in him.

Loan deal is long enough to where he can feel like a part of the team but only an option to buy makes it low enough risk where we can move on if he flops.
not too confident, look how long it took from signing the last lot to when they actually got a game, injured or not fit, same old same old bargain bin stuff. We need to turn things round and soon

Sorry. So insensitive of me. I was not thinking as I heard a pin drop and it reminded me of the 2015 summer transfer window.....
No problem mate just a bit of banter :adethumbup:

My hear did speed up a little though :walkercry:

not too confident, look how long it took from signing the last lot to when they actually got a game, injured or not fit, same old same old bargain bin stuff. We need to turn things round and soon
Different coach. Jose buys to play - he always has done in the past - there’s no way he doesn’t get a veto on players, same as Poch (until he went weird at the end). If he lets him in, there’ll be an expectation he plays. From what I’ve read above, he’s a more rounded CM than some of the others so will be integrated in that position.

Any one else not excited by this signing?

Obviously prepared to wait and see how he does but how does this solve an immediate need for us?
He's not a DM and is largely unproven.
No, but we need to do these types of signings as well as first XI signings. No bench depth signings, just young punts and proven starters.

The only hope I have for the direction this club is going is that Mourinho was willing to come

Why would he agree to come here and work with the usual bargain basement scraps

Surely promises were made to him ?
15m a year guaranteed & no bigger clubs around after him.

Let's give a kid a chance. It's loan deal, if he becomes great perfect, if not send him back. Don't know why would anyone complain about this signing.
Ultimately we have no bearing on if he will succeed or not. & if we all said positive things but then he flopped, you get people saying I didn't hear you complain when we signed him.

Back
Top Bottom