Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm in 322. I think it will be choose your own seat!
I’m in 322.

giphy.gif

I have watched this kid numerous times, I used to believe he was going to be a top talent and we would sign him in the future, however he seems to have levelled out a bit tbh.

He is struggling to even get into the Benfica team (7 games this season with 0 goals 0 assists) let alone the CL or PL and the step up that's going to require.

Only clubs that have been linked with him in recent years are Everton and West Ham.

It seems to me that he is only being signed because of the injury to Sissoko, he is essentially a like for like replacement for him but I think Sissoko is a better player tbh.

Personally for anyone getting excited about him from YouTube clips I would say, lower your expectations.

Let's just hope our scouts know something everyone else doesn't and he has some untapped future potential, maybe Mourinho can bring the best out of him.

Just going off a reply because the original poster is on ignore.....may have picked up the whole thing wrong, but I’m tired of the 90s thing where only the real fans went etc

The chairman was detested, for not investing in the team and the fact we were shit and had big debts.
But real fans never complain etc....?

The 90s was the worst period in the history of THFC, and people can point to the 2 cups, but you’ll find it’s usually the same people who defended Poch to the hilt for winnning nothing while slagging off today’s fans as fake cunts because they want better for this club
The very short conversation had two perspectives that are not wholly incompatible: (1.) The 90s were god awful for a lot of the time (a 4-0 defeat away to Coventry a week after the 6-1 Chavs humiliation is still a very clear and unpleasant memory for me as I was at both); (2.) The 90s were quite good fun at times as our support was very genuine, and when we won matches it felt amazing. No real need for more ranting, but hey ho, as you go.

I have watched this kid numerous times, I used to believe he was going to be a top talent and we would sign him in the future, however he seems to have levelled out a bit tbh.

He is struggling to even get into the Benfica team (7 games this season with 0 goals 0 assists) let alone the CL or PL and the step up that's going to require.

Only clubs that have been linked with him in recent years are Everton and West Ham.

It seems to me that he is only being signed because of the injury to Sissoko, he is essentially a like for like replacement for him but I think Sissoko is a better player tbh.

Personally for anyone getting excited about him from YouTube clips I would say, lower your expectations.

Let's just hope our scouts know something everyone else doesn't and he has some untapped future potential, maybe Mourinho can bring the best out of him.

sissoko the better player?! Wow that’s disappointing to hear! 😂😭

The very short conversation had two perspectives that are not wholly incompatible: (1.) The 90s were god awful for a lot of the time (a 4-0 defeat away to Coventry a week after the 6-1 Chavs humiliation is still a very clear and unpleasant memory for me as I was at both); (2.) The 90s were quite good fun at times as our support was very genuine, and when we won matches it felt amazing. No real need for more ranting, but hey ho, as you go.

We won 34% of our games in the 90s. Stop moaning :levyeyes:

I’m not ranting I’ve just had it with people who think beating Luton in 97 was more fun than beating Woolwich in 2016

If you'd seen him play, surely you'd have known the change in manager and formation is exactly why he isn't getting in the team...

Sissoko is not a better footballer than him at all. That'd absurd.

I've seen him play numerous times. He walks into our team at present.

Back
Top Bottom