Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's one of the most promising youngsters to come out of Portugal in the last decade. We haven't got £40,000,000+ to randomly spend in January and instead got him on loan as cheap as chips with potential to buy him if he succeeds.

Who actually cares?

Loan fee seems very cheap for a player they rate at €50 million, seems odd he doesn't figure more if they rate him that highly, although they are romping the league without him, seems odd if he's that good Levy wouldn't try for a higher risk higher reward deal instead of the low risk low reward deal we have.

I care it's an interesting one.

Bloody Levy, doing good deals. Eh, John Thomas John Thomas ?

tenor.gif

9.jpg

Wealthy Premier League Club Sign Little Known Youngster From Portuguese League On Loan☆

☆ Chairman Must Be Sucked Off☆

In other breaking news - wealthy premier league club’s top scorer didn’t cost anything.

A fan of the club said “well if he didn’t cost a fortune, he’s shit. Soldado was better as at least he cost hard cash”.

Welcome to Tottenham, Gedson! Hope he can make a contribution to our club and build his career here. Looking forward to see how he does, hopefully it won't take months to introduce him to the league.

I understand he's an 8 but also seen others say he's like Sissoko (and Mourhino says he's not a CM - so presumably only played him there due to no other alternatives)

Would you be kind enough to give us a brief description of him - both what he does well and what he does poorly (eg can he defend).

Who would you pair him with in CM (assume we have Ndombele, Winks, Dier, Skipp available), and who would you avoid pairing him with (and why ?)

Do you see him playing (like Winks has done, although an 8) as an 6/8 ? if we are not buying a DM ?

I assume the Sissoko comparisons are because he's played CM and on the wing. Nothing like him though in the sense of style.

Strengths are probably his dribbling. He works hard and doesn't mind putting in a tackle. Passing isn't his strongest point in that he isn't as creative as Ndombele but he's alot better and more consistent in that sense than Sissoko.

Id pair him with Ndombele and GLC in a midfield three. I wouldnt pair him in a two with anyone but Ndombele though. I think double pivot could work brilliantly with those two.

I don't think we'd see him as a 6/8 hybrid nor would I want to see him as a DM.

Making the most of that Audi sponsorship deal...

All the shit we have to do for sponsorship and promotion reasons is why deals take so long to announce. He basically spent all day yesterday filming all this shit.

Not that I am complaining - it is what it is and the more revenue we have at our disposal the better.

Loan fee seems very cheap for a player they rate at €50 million, seems odd he doesn't figure more if they rate him that highly, although they are romping the league without him, seems odd if he's that good Levy wouldn't try for a higher risk higher reward deal instead of the low risk low reward deal we have.

I care it's an interesting one.
He had a €130m release clause in his contract. Benfica thought he was going to be the next big thing. The managerial change (and injuries) stunted his development.

I assume the Sissoko comparisons are because he's played CM and on the wing. Nothing like him though in the sense of style.

Strengths are probably his dribbling. He works hard and doesn't mind putting in a tackle. Passing isn't his strongest point in that he isn't as creative as Ndombele but he's alot better and more consistent in that sense than Sissoko.

Id pair him with Ndombele and GLC in a midfield three. I wouldnt pair him in a two with anyone but Ndombele though. I think double pivot could work brilliantly with those two.

I don't think we'd see him as a 6/8 hybrid nor would I want to see him as a DM.
Mou looking to go to a midfield 3 with focus on ball retention perhaps? Goes against everything he's done in his career but we've had 0 DM links and I'm sure Mendes represents a DM somewhere in Portugal.

Back
Top Bottom