Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The end of the line?

BBC.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho says 21-year-old Portugal midfielder Gedson Fernandes' loan spell from Benfica could end in January. (Sport TV, via Sky Sports)
I'm guessing that they've tagged onto the interview Jose did, where he said he wouldn't stop Gedson leaving.
He also said, though, that Spurs couldn't "send" him back, only Benfica have the power to cancel the loan.

I think Gedson will get some minutes but not in any important games. He's nowhere near the bench let alone the starting XI. Although if there were some injuries it'd be useful to have the depth .
Clearly we aren't going to buy him permanently unless Benfica MASSIVELY reduce their asking price. Its not worked out for him and I always thought it was a bit of a pointless signing (although I suppose he was just bought to cover Sissoko's injury)

I think Gedson will get some minutes but not in any important games. He's nowhere near the bench let alone the starting XI. Although if there were some injuries it'd be useful to have the depth .
Clearly we aren't going to buy him permanently unless Benfica MASSIVELY reduce their asking price. Its not worked out for him and I always thought it was a bit of a pointless signing (although I suppose he was just bought to cover Sissoko's injury)
He's not registered in the PL squad, IIRC ?

I assume he's also not registered in the EL squad ?
So that only leaves the domestic cups that he can play in.

I remember this site getting themselves in a tizz because it wasn't a stright up loan-to-buy

THIS is exactly why we don't want to be stuck in these deals where a player turns out to be average but we have to pay sillymillions for them anyway.

Last edited:
Shame it hasn't worked out for him.

If he does leave in January - good luck in wherever he plays next.

I think we would all wish him well. He has stayed a pro. You can see there is talent in there, the question is whether he has it in him to succeed at the highest level, but good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom