Genie out of the bottle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
josepoch.jpg

The bad makes the good

Read article here

Dont agree at all. We were never happy with mid table mediocrity. We were happy when we played good competitive football under Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Its basically saying we fans have to suck it all up, whilst paying top dollar because of Levys continous mistakes

Dont agree at all. We were never happy with mid table mediocrity. We were happy when we played good competitive football under Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Its basically saying we fans have to suck it all up, whilst paying top dollar because of Levys continous mistakes

....Or is it saying make peace with the bumps in the road because there will be highs AND lows?

Results in the 90s were shit... Often the football was too.... But we still had a laugh, sang songs and got behind the team.

The trauma some people pour on themselves can't be good for them. Imagine being a Sunderland fan...... Some peeps here would literally shave years off their lives from the stress of all the melting.

[ Jeeez.... Some twats will just disagree with anything! ]

Last edited:
....Or is it saying make peace with the bumps in the road because there will be highs AND lows?

Results in the 90s were shit... Often the football was too.... But we still had a laugh, sang songs and got behind the team.

The trauma some people pour on themselves can't be good for them. Imagine being a Sunderland fan...... Some peeps here would literally shave years off their lives from the stress of all the melting.
Sunderland, wow……

On that comparison, Sunderland fans know their club are at the level where they should be, and everything about their club mirrors that…..We are the 9th largest financial football organisation in the world….I’ll just leave it there….

Mate this is simply a place to vent for a lot of people I imagine

I’m constantly moaning about the team , the owners etc but I don’t let it ruin my life or anything, this is a place to let off a bit of steam. I personally don’t see it as much more than that

The day Tottenham Hotspur dictates how I do my job , Interact with family etc is the day I jump off a tall building

Mate this is simply a place to vent for a lot of people I imagine

I’m constantly moaning about the team , the owners etc but I don’t let it ruin my life or anything, this is a place to let off a bit of steam. I personally don’t see it as much more than that

The day Tottenham Hotspur dictates how I do my job , Interact with family etc is the day I jump off a tall building

Good for you mate.... The anger/bitterness that some people carry around is palpable tho'.

I worry I get too wrapped up in the footy and yet I'm one of the alleged happy clappers!

...How does the saying go?

"Don't let the football ruin a good day out at the football"

[ Jeeez.... Some twats will just disagree with anything! ]
You can still go, sing songs have a laugh and get behind the team and expect the team to be better. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. If we're just going to accept we're a Villa or Crystal Palace then fine, charge their ticket prices.

You can still go, sing songs have a laugh and get behind the team and expect the team to be better. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. If we're just going to accept we're a Villa or Crystal Palace then fine, charge their ticket prices.

No-one's preaching acceptance of Villa/CP as our proverbial level.

In the 2019/2020 season there was CL football being played in our posh new stadium.... We want back in do we not? ....Some even think they have the right to demand it. Perhaps have a chat with VIlla & CP fans about their last forays into Europe... Let alone a CL final.

Back
Top Bottom