Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
One important point about Gattuso's rather shitty comments that is worth considering is that all three that have been dug up are from over a decade ago. And people actually can change as they age and grow as people.

My own dad is a perfect example of this.
I agree, people 100% can change but he should own up to it if Gattuso has. Maybe it's just me, but if there's been no work, no apology and no admittance of why what the bullshit he was spewing was wrong, than this is all we have to go off of, meaning he's still a piece of shit that I'd prefer to not back, not that it matters to the club what any of us think anyway - clearly.

If we're looking at Gold as being an true ITK, like he is putting out insider and secret information through contacts deep within the club, he's a failure.

If we look at Gold as a reporter with some ties to the club that puts out information that can generally be reliable, then I think he does a fairly good job. He doesn't throw out ridiculous rumors at the first sight of them, and any information from him carries a lot more weight than any of the other supposed ITK's.

Given this particular manager search is so dysfunctional, the only good to come out of it is that it has pretty much destroyed any of the ITK's.
Yes. In the context that he reports on Spurs to the best of his knowledge and abilities, he's competent. But some pretend that he's got an insiders view of whats going on, and he himself tries to pass off his reporting with that air of authority that just makes him look like a tit when he's wrong.

98a708a7a41cbe57ab2343378eaeb8214252d79b.gifv

Paratici will cop the heat for this one. Levy will be loving having a stooge in to take the heat whilst spending little and selling loads.

Then when crowds are fully back and profits are flowing, Levy can sack everybody and ride in on his white horse and save the day.

Pity none of the fans give a shit but it sounds cool.
Patrici isn’t taking the heat Levy is no one with any knowledge of Spurs doubts for second this isn’t Daniel’s doing

If we're looking at Gold as being an true ITK, like he is putting out insider and secret information through contacts deep within the club, he's a failure.

If we look at Gold as a reporter with some ties to the club that puts out information that can generally be reliable, then I think he does a fairly good job. He doesn't throw out ridiculous rumors at the first sight of them, and any information from him carries a lot more weight than any of the other supposed ITK's.

Given this particular manager search is so dysfunctional, the only good to come out of it is that it has pretty much destroyed any of the ITK's.
They've been ended, they're finished here, doneski...

Hopefully SC goes bust and Rob and A&C end up living in a box, wanking off dogs for quavers...

I agree, people 100% can change but he should own up to it if Gattuso has. Maybe it's just me, but if there's been no work, no apology and no admittance of why what the bullshit he was spewing was wrong, than this is all we have to go off of, meaning he's still a piece of shit that I'd prefer to not back, not that it matters to the club what any of us think anyway - clearly.
IF he is appointed it will be in the best interest of all parties to address this and clear the air so to speak. Let Gattuso show that he has changed.

His views on women's football seem to have changed at least based off of these quotes from an interview from 3 years ago (sourced from a Gattuso thread on our subreddit)

"Jokes aside", the coach continues seriously, "I talk to a coach three times a week, a very well prepared coach who is Carolina Morace (Milan women's coach, ed) and I can assure you that in the world we live in there are so so many women who understand football at its finest. When I talk to Carolina it is always a very open and interesting confrontation ”, continues Gattuso.

IF he is appointed it will be in the best interest of all parties to address this and clear the air so to speak. Let Gattuso show that he has changed.

His views on women's football seem to have changed at least based off of these quotes from an interview from 3 years ago (sourced from a Gattuso thread on our subreddit)
Exactly, progress is progress and hopefully he continues to move forward. Still not enough for me but we'll see how this goes. Of all the shit flung at the wall for this job, who knows what will stick.

Exactly, progress is progress and hopefully he continues to move forward. Still not enough for me but we'll see how this goes. Of all the shit flung at the wall for this job, who knows what will stick.
And let's be honest. He would probably not be the first, or the last person tied to the club with some shitty opinions.

Yes. In the context that he reports on Spurs to the best of his knowledge and abilities, he's competent. But some pretend that he's got an insiders view of whats going on, and he himself tries to pass off his reporting with that air of authority that just makes him look like a tit when he's wrong.
I don’t think he’s got things wrong though.
I think Spurs are just comically incompetent so it seems too absurd to be true.

I don’t think he’s got things wrong though.
I think Spurs are just comically incompetent so it seems too absurd to be true.
Gold gets things wrong regularly. He is just very good at using sentences like "to my knowledge" to cover his back.

He was adamant that Bergwijn was not happening until the boy was in his London hotel.

Lads look at brightside. Imagine the scenes when dier makes a stupid penalty at the last minute and we lose points. When winks pussies out of a tackle and we suffer a goal. Sissoko points instead of going to the ball

And you have big Genaro at the bench :moursmall:

Back
Top Bottom