Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Apparently not happening now . So the search goes on , soon no one will want to manage us. It's going to be a long summer and with man city coming up fast as our opening fixture , whoever comes in won't have long to buy new players ( if allowed) and get the team galvanized . If we aren't careful we could be near the bottom by Christmas and looking over our shoulder in the new year . Hurry up levy and sought this mess out and get this club stabilized and going forward .

How much of this shit is even real?

I mean, honestly - did any of it even happen or is it just a twitter storm to drive clicks and its all made up bullshit.

People take Romano and Di Marzo at their word - WHY? Similarly the UK press, 99% of them just recycle other peoples (recycled) work.

Im yet to see anything other than drama playing out - no quotes, nothing tangible, its just like a staged production.

Well it's only one of 2 options:

1/ The whole thing was made up and we were never considering Gattuso. If so, I apologise.

2/ We were considering Gattuso, but the fan's reaction on social media actually made a genuine difference. If so, Spurs fans were RIGHT to believe the rumours he was under consideration, and kick up a fuss.

If you think it's option 1, explain the timing of us dispensing off Fonseca on the same day as Gattuso was available. Coincidence? Or do you think the Fonseca links were also fake.

Apparently not happening now . So the search goes on , soon no one will want to manage us. It's going to be a long summer and with man city coming up fast as our opening fixture , whoever comes in won't have long to buy new players ( if allowed) and get the team galvanized . If we aren't careful we could be near the bottom by Christmas and looking over our shoulder in the new year . Hurry up levy and sought this mess out and get this club stabilized and going forward .

Love how you've worded that like you've just broken the news to us!

:levywhoa:

Well it's only one of 2 options:

1/ The whole thing was made up and we were never considering Gattuso. If so, I apologise.

2/ We were considering Gattuso, but the fan's reaction on social media actually made a genuine difference. If so, Spurs fans were RIGHT to believe the rumours he was under consideration, and kick up a fuss.

If you think it's option 1, explain the timing of us dispensing off Fonseca on the same day as Gattuso was available. Coincidence? Or do you think the Fonseca links were also fake.

I think a lot of the chat is vastly exaggerated and over dramatised, basically.

And Im pretty sure a reasonable chunk is outright BS.

What precisely do you think is BS?

In my opinion, the reason we stopped the Fonseca talks was because Gattuso became available. The timing cannot be such a massive coincidence.
And if that is true, it's obvious that he was the #1 choice yesterday.

The only thing that brought him down was the fans going hysterical (especially on offensive comments). So if all the fans had thought 'Fabrizio Romano and Alasdair Gold are full of BS, let's not bother saying anything', Gattuso would probs be appointed Spurs manager.

Shouldn’t the DOF have something to answer for if he was behind pushing for gutusso? Fonseca was t ideal but he was nearly done only for someone to decide to pull out last min as they saw this prick become available. In any other business heads would roll. There must have been a reason for pulling out of Fonseca if it wasn’t financial. This DOF is worse than Levy.

What do you think happened then?

Do you think the whole Gattuso links were made up?

It's far more likely that we were genuinely considering him, but Spurs got frightened when they saw fan reaction to his controversial comments.
Or perhaps there was a conversation, and no more?

The sort of conversations that happen, mostly in private, that sound each other out and lead no further.

Except in the case of anything Italian, its publicised, dramatised, and given a healthy soap opera angle, to vastly exaggerate what has actually happened.

If recent weeks have told us anything, its that the Italians seem to conduct everything publically in order to try and leverage their end.

And that the UK press, knowing sweet FA about any of it, just take it as good info and circulate it themselves.

What do I think happened? For whatever reason Fonseca seems to have fallen through (lets be honest, no surprise if it came back on) and so we had a premilinary chat with a potential candidate and thats about it.

What precisely do you think is BS?

In my opinion, the reason we stopped the Fonseca talks was because Gattuso became available. The timing cannot be such a massive coincidence.
And if that is true, it's obvious that he was the #1 choice yesterday.

The only thing that brought him down was the fans going hysterical (especially on offensive comments). So if all the fans had thought 'Fabrizio Romano and Alasdair Gold are full of BS, let's not bother saying anything', Gattuso would probs be appointed Spurs manager.

Or - Fonseca was fucking us about so we moved on, and the rest is an enormous soap opera conducted by twitter journos that ultimately blew a small conversation all out of proportion?

Or - Fonseca was fucking us about so we moved on, and the rest is an enormous soap opera conducted by twitter journos that ultimately blew a small conversation all out of proportion?
So you think it was a coincidence that Fonseca talks collapsed just the day after Gattuso became available?
I think you're wrong, it makes no sense for Fonseca to fuck us about. Spurs is by far his best option. It's MUCH more likely that Spurs fucked him over by abandoning talks when Paratici's #1 choice Gattuso became available.

Or we just have no direction, no plan and are a complete mess

When every reliable journo is saying we're in talks with someone, more than likely we're actually in talks with them

No other club jumps in and out of talks with this many managers, but then again no other club doesn't sign a player at the 11th hour because of "image rights"

I think Italian football clubs/players/agents etc are bit more casual about the media; leading to constant churn.... Italy and Spain have actual football newspapers that have a constant need for column inches which predates any modern notion of clickbait.

Paratici might wanna think about reigning it in a bit now he works over here. Neither Levy nor the fans will view this kind of shit favourably.

Last edited:
Or we just have no direction, no plan and are a complete mess

When every reliable journo is saying we're in talks with someone, more than likely we're actually in talks with them

No other club jumps in and out of talks with this many managers, but then again no other club doesn't sign a player at the 11th hour because of "image rights"
It's not just that.

In this case, it's the fact Spurs supporters believed reliable journalists such as Alasdair Gold which meant they threw up a fuss before he was even appointed. This led to Spurs backing down.

So you think it was a coincidence that Fonseca talks collapsed just the day after Gattuso became available?
I think you're wrong, it makes no sense for Fonseca to fuck us about. Spurs is by far his best option. It's MUCH more likely that Spurs fucked him over by abandoning talks when Paratici's #1 choice Gattuso became available.

Seems he was off on holiday before coming over (+ quarantine), and there were stories of him delaying for tax reasons.

If its fair to believe whatever twitter says when it comes to anything negative on the club, maybe its fair to give weight to the stuff that supports the clubs position too?

If you want to be really conspiratorial about Gattuso, who is to say we didnt tap him up leading to his falling out with Fiorentina? Was it really an opportunistic move with him becoming unexpectedly available?

Or, maybe, one manager fell through, we spoke to one that was available, and thats about it?

Doesnt need to be the great whirlwind of the club acting like cunts, a deal being almost certainly done - only for the club to react to fan backlash at the prospect.... does it? I mean, doesnt occams razor ever apply?

Back
Top Bottom