Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
I haven't read the entire thread, but in the long tradition of:

IT'S ALL FUCKING THEATRE

I note that:

Mourinho - Mendes client
Fonseca - Mendes client
Gattuso - Mendes client

I don't like the famous Spurs being played by wannabe Puppet Masters

These are Levy's exact words from his Chairman's message less than one month ago:

"I have said it many times and I will say it again – everything we do is in the long-term interests of the Club. I have always been and will continue to be ambitious for our Club and its fans."

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

:levyeyes:

A blatant and unapologetic liar directly to all of the supporters.

His managerial record is shit. His record as a human is shit. This is a West Ham level appointment. No, a Millwall level.

And this is after I've had time to digest the news and calm down.

Just go and get Graham Potter at this point. He ticks all the boxes from Levy’s end of season “message” and he is a good man.

Gattuso will not last the season. It is the completely wrong match for our club. We have to try and retain some dignity no matter how poor we are.
Seriously why come to Spurs if you are him , it’s a poison chalice.

He knows what the fans would expect, he knows Levy will scapegoat him when he fails. The job is not attractive now to any half decent manager who actually has a job.
Potter has a good rep , he won’t have once we have chewed him up and spat him out. We re in a truly terrible place now

Gattuso is a good coach.

The Mendes link is exciting, would love to see Bernardo and Andre Silva at the club. Neto would also be a top signing.

Who knows, maybe Ronaldo needs a club in the Summer?

Open, attacking manager, thaz statement from Levy said.

Gattuso? Fuck off you bald cunt !!!

This is the first time in decade where I really have no hope for good season.

Let's not forget that people threw a trantrum over Aurier's homophobic comments and he was still signed.

Gattuso would not be the first or last person signed to Spurs with some iffy ethics.

Lucas probably isn't the biggest fan of gay marriage considering his ultra religious leanings.
Lucas and Serge don’t do weekly pressers and have a reputation for losing their temper. Gattuso would last about three games with the British media pressing his buttons.

Don’t know about his coaching skills, but he should be nowhere near the club for being a tosser back in the CL with Jordan. End of discussion for me.

Ali Gold is correct that we were on track to appoint certain managers in the opinion of Ali Gold.

He's Hercules with a paycheck and a blue check mark.

If we're looking at Gold as being an true ITK, like he is putting out insider and secret information through contacts deep within the club, he's a failure.

If we look at Gold as a reporter with some ties to the club that puts out information that can generally be reliable, then I think he does a fairly good job. He doesn't throw out ridiculous rumors at the first sight of them, and any information from him carries a lot more weight than any of the other supposed ITK's.

Given this particular manager search is so dysfunctional, the only good to come out of it is that it has pretty much destroyed any of the ITK's.

Back
Top Bottom