Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Ciro Venerato. Pretty sure they sold suits in the 90’s ?
I googled him and had a look at the first page links (I speak Italian). He sounds like an average football journalist, with all the BS that comes with it.

Not saying that 100% it won't happen, but I would be extremely surprised if we got Gattuso

In what world is Gattuso a better choice then Scott Parker, Eddie Howie or Potter?

I wont believe this until he (hopefully not) signs..

and btw how are Everton signing Rafa ?!?!

Last 2 jobs were in China & Newcastle.... That's his level now.... This is a great offer for him..... We'd be even more of a boon.

This is a view that has repeatedly aged well.
With Conte or Poch we were never in advanced negotiations.

With Fonseca, we genuinely were very close to signing him, but Paratici's first choice Gattuso became available due to freak circumstances, and we've opted for him instead.
And now the negotiations are advanced.

The only way this deal doesn't go ahead is if Spurs discover his offensive rhetoric and back down. I can't think of any other reason.

So that the media are distracted. If Spurs sat tight, did nothing, no negotiations with anyone else, it would be obvious they are waiting for someone at the Euros and then the journalists would get to work and find out who. What Levy is doing is steering all the attention away from his real target.
But why would that matter? Journalists will always play guessing games when it comes to managerial appointments. I don't see what difference it makes if they're publishing stories when they've been doing it all summer.

With Conte or Poch we were never in advanced negotiations.

With Fonseca, we genuinely were very close to signing him, but Paratici's first choice Gattuso became available due to freak circumstances, and we've opted for him instead.
And now the negotiations are advanced.

The only way this deal doesn't go ahead is if Spurs discover his offensive rhetoric and back down. I can't think of any other reason.
That's the first reason why I think it won't happen

And humiliate the club in the process? You are looking for something that isn’t there. There is no need for the club to degrade its reputation and enrage the fans just to keep Roberto Martinez under wraps (who has been linked constantly anyway).

We are an unattractive prospect to elite managers due to our lack of CL and imminent departure of Kane. We have no money and a very difficult chairman. Therefore we are desperately scraping around the bargain bin for managers.
Why go for Italian or Portuguese bargain bin managers when we could look closer to home and go for cheap options like Howe or even Parker.

Honestly if we are struggling so badly to attract elite managers wouldn't you take Howe over Gattuso?

Yeah I may be looking for something that isn't there but I've been saying this since just as the season ended iirc. There was a Belgian journo who out of nowhere tweeted that Martinez had been offered a Spurs contract, he was the one Levy wanted. It gained very little publicity because all the Poch and then Conte talk started.. Levy is very good friends with the agent of Martinez, it's very possible the 3 of them could keep a deal secret.

Tbh I wanted Potter, I'd even accept Howe or Parker if we can't attract elite coaches as you say

Back
Top Bottom