Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Let's not forget that people threw a trantrum over Aurier's homophobic comments and he was still signed.

Gattuso would not be the first or last person signed to Spurs with some iffy ethics.

Lucas probably isn't the biggest fan of gay marriage considering his ultra religious leanings.
Lucas and Serge don’t do weekly pressers and have a reputation for losing their temper. Gattuso would last about three games with the British media pressing his buttons.

Don’t know about his coaching skills, but he should be nowhere near the club for being a tosser back in the CL with Jordan. End of discussion for me.

Let's not forget that people threw a trantrum over Aurier's homophobic comments and he was still signed.

Gattuso would not be the first or last person signed to Spurs with some iffy ethics.

Lucas probably isn't the biggest fan of gay marriage considering his ultra religious leanings.
Three geeks on Twitter had a hissy for about Aurier.

maybe if you were more open minded you would accept people have different beliefs than you, for various reasons

Italian fan here (some of you may remember me from some years ago).
On one thing the OP is wrong: Gattuso's football is indeed nice to watch.
Naturally one tends to connect his former player style (a rough, no nonsense defensive midfielder), but as a coach his style is possession-based and attacking.

For the rest, yeah he's quite disappointing.
Welcome back bro

Because he's currently the clear favourite to being appointed, and is in advanced talks. If Levy does back down now, it would be because of fan sentiment. But I doubt he cares, so Gattuso will probably be appointed.
In the last 3-4 weeks we probably have had the best part of half a dozen managers that have been odds on for the job.
The forum is in meltdown over something that may never happen.

At least we could had used Mendes to get Ruben dias and Bruno Fernandes. We used him to get Doherty and gedson

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
Yup. Winner.

And by the same logic, did Levy really hire Paratici because he thought we could sign de Ligt and Ronaldo?????

We need a DoF who can identify the next Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Sonny and sign them before they are uber-expensive superstars.

Instead, Levy hires Paratici, the guy who uses Mino "Mr 40%" Raiola as his talent scout for promising youngsters, and greases Jorge Mendes to sign ageing superstars on ridiculous wages.

In the last 3-4 weeks we probably have had the best part of half a dozen managers that have been odds on for the job.
The forum is in meltdown over something that may never happen.
Conte and Poch were never in advanced talks. That was made clear by all journalists.

Fonseca was in advanced talks, but Paratici's first choice was Gattuso; so when he became available we dispensed Fonseca for Gattuso.
So it is looking very likely that he will be hired.

I voted yes to see if anybody would get triggered. They did.

I just can't see this deal getting over the line personally.

Somebody in this thread keeps posting "I'm done" and then is back the next page. It's hilarious.

Haha! You were replying to him! 🤣🤣🤣

Twat has 'quit' about 10 times this season alone.

100% right we have a bunch of very soft players in our squad exactly the same mentality as you and the bed wetter.
Weak minded fans and players we need a massive shift in direction within our club.

I bet you are such a pussy in real life. :sonpoint:

Conte and Poch were never in advanced talks. That was made clear by all journalists.

Fonseca was in advanced talks, but Paratici's first choice was Gattuso; so when he became available we dispensed Fonseca for Gattuso.
Eh, there were plenty of report of both Poch and Conte being in advanced talks as well at the time. From a lot of the same journos. Romano in particular but he has a history of deleting old tweets when things change.

Gattuso however has sprung up very quickly.

We have fucked up every possible manager signing now and saved Levy a small fortune in wages. I honestly can't see this getting over the line when we still have a couple months of the transfer window to run down.

Eh, there were plenty of report of both Poch and Conte being in advanced talks as well at the time. From a lot of the same journos. Romano in particular but he has a history of deleting old tweets when things change.

Gattuso however has sprung up very quickly.
Romano has sources in Italy, while Ali Gold has sources in Spurs. When they're both saying the same thing, it's quite significant.
That's the case with Gattuso today.

To be clear I'm not 'happy' about Gattuso but I think Fonseca would have been a shite appointment anyway.

At least we'll be interesting to watch this season if GG is our manager albeit more for his antics on the touchline and interviews than the actual football.

We're screwed either way as long as Levy and ENIC are in charge, in a way Gattuso coming in could finally wake up the fanbase to whom the real enemy is.

Naturally one tends to connect his former player style (a rough, no nonsense defensive midfielder), but as a coach his style is possession-based and attacking.

Thanks for that, made me unmelt a fraction.

What's your view on Paratici mate?

Back
Top Bottom