Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Conte and Poch were never in advanced talks. That was made clear by all journalists.

Fonseca was in advanced talks, but Paratici's first choice was Gattuso; so when he became available we dispensed Fonseca for Gattuso.
So it is looking very likely that he will be hired.
Over 90% of pieces written by journalists is bullshit.
Anyone with half a brain knows this.

To be clear I'm not 'happy' about Gattuso but I think Fonseca would have been a shite appointment anyway.

At least we'll be interesting to watch this season if GG is our manager albeit more for his antics on the touchline and interviews than the actual football.

We're screwed either way as long as Levy and ENIC are in charge, in a way Gattuso coming in could finally wake up the fanbase to whom the real enemy is.
Agreed. Not excited by this because his record is shite. But maybe when he inevitably fails people will turn their pitchforks toward Levy and ENIC.

Thanks for that, made me unmelt a fraction.

TBF, the same sense of despair was floating around when Fonzy was first mentioned. A week later and he was the second coming of xPotter.

I don't think this deal will get over the line but if it does drag on for another week, it'll be interesting to see the bargaining process in action.

It's fascinating really.

Agreed. Not excited by this because his record is shite. But maybe when he inevitably fails people will turn their pitchforks to Levy and ENIC.

Paratici will cop the heat for this one. Levy will be loving having a stooge in to take the heat whilst spending little and selling loads.

Then when crowds are fully back and profits are flowing, Levy can sack everybody and ride in on his white horse and save the day.

Pity none of the fans give a shit but it sounds cool.

To be honest I'm ready to settle with Erik Hamrén by now. Just sign someone.

I'd prefer Potter over Gattuso, well fuck it I'd probably prefer Howe over Gattuso

To be clear I'm not 'happy' about Gattuso but I think Fonseca would have been a shite appointment anyway.

At least we'll be interesting to watch this season if GG is our manager albeit more for his antics on the touchline and interviews than the actual football.

We're screwed either way as long as Levy and ENIC are in charge, in a way Gattuso coming in could finally wake up the fanbase to whom the real enemy is.
Is that not what we had with Mou? Think the boredom set in pretty quick tbf.

What kind of leverage does Mendes have over Paratici to get his man in over done deal Fonseca?

I fear this is more about Mendes pulling strings than Paratici making an unbiased choice.

For every Alasdair Gold on Tottenham matters their are at least 9 others that know fuck all.
1 in 10 that equates to 10% or did you not study maths at school?
Right, but I'm not citing random journalists, only ones which have a good track record.

Also please don't tell me about studying at school while using the wrong 'there'.
'There are at least 9 others that know fuck all', not 'their are at least...'

Last edited:
Has he been wrong? If you were in his shoes, could you have done any better?

We were on track to appoint certain managers, and then it broke down. It's not like Gold ever said something is a done deal.
Ali Gold is correct that we were on track to appoint certain managers in the opinion of Ali Gold.

He's Hercules with a paycheck and a blue check mark.

Back
Top Bottom