Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that also underestimates the genius (what he did for Gent in the last three seasons has never been done by anyone before him) that is at the helm of Gent right now, he set up the team a lot different from what he normally does. Focusing on exploiting the weaknesses of the opponent, esp the space that fell on the wings when Spurs congested the center area. Even the striker that was out there yesterday normally almost never plays but as he saw that the regular game with a towering center forward would only lead to losing possession (Dier and Alderweireld would have just bossed the game) and chasing the game, in stead he chose to have two wingbacks assisting the central defence and overlapping wingers to create pace and disorder. Spurs defence always had to chose between upcoming players and almost always left someone free to go deep. But the key turning moment was when Dembele went off and the big DM Esiti started having the freedom to roam and launch attacks.
Hi BS... apologies if you've already been asked this question previously, but are you the Stephen chatting with Raj about the Gent v Spurs match on the Rule The Roost podcast? He/you was a top guy with a great sense of humour, and easily the best 'opposition' guest they've had this season!

Hi BS... apologies if you've already been asked this question previously, but are you the Stephen chatting with Raj about the Gent v Spurs match on the Rule The Roost podcast? He/you was a top guy with a great sense of humour, and easily the best 'opposition' guest they've had this season!
That s me indeed, you re not going to ask me out now are you ? :)

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments.

Last edited:
Stephen and Raj sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lol homosexuality is Legal in Belgium up the Bum

The unbelievable arrogance that comes from English football is incredible. Fans not just of Tottenham, but ALL clubs, is fucking embarrassing. I have seen very few comments from supporters, commentators, media and press acknowledge how well Gent played last night. A team that has a better or on par recent European record to ours. This team having won the league, qualified for CL and then qualified for the CL knockout stages.
We are all programmed to be arrogant cunts, made even worse by not knowing fuck all about the team they are playing against, no one could name a single player, how they play but dispite this go into the game with the attitude we will turn over a team. Beggars belief when you think about it.
Exactly the same with the national team. Know fuck all about the team we are playing, ignore a far superior record to ours (e.g Uruagay) think we are far better, get well beaten then moan about how bad we are, while still not acknowledging the other team is better.
eeerrrmmm NO. we allowed Gent to play well, Gent are only a Hull at best, if not worse if you listen to Talksport, maybe they are a Huddersfield, Kane didn't want to be there, end of, Fucking Furious, even Goners are laughing at us, What the Fuck!!!

eeerrrmmm NO. we allowed Gent to play well, Gent are only a Hull at best, if not worse if you listen to Talksport, maybe they are a Huddersfield, Kane didn't want to be there, end of, Fucking Furious, even Goners are laughing at us, What the Fuck!!!

Oi mate, fk of please! You make my heart blead :(. Last season we beat Zenith and Valencia in the CL. This season we lost a couple of key players but still outplayed Braga (Portugal) at their stade (1-1 but far the better team).
We aren't world beaters but are definitely not a bad team when we are in the mood. We were also playing decent football vs you guys and are standing way below our level in the current league. As a sports commentator put it on national radio, we are like an F1-car between wooden cars in the standing.
Yes you guys are a bigger club :) and should've won purely based on the quality of the players but don't call us suckers.

Last edited:
And yet their record in CL is better than ours. They have won thier league.

And sorry mate you listening to TalkSport comparing them to Hull and believing what they say, is exactly what I am referring to as aragance in the highest order. The mainstream media know absolutely fuck all about football outside of the Prem (there is an argument they don't know about teams in the Prem). You do realize that some of the best players in our squad are errrr Belgium and the rest of the Prems best sides have errr Belgium players in thier side. Hhhmmm may be these Belgians can play football.

By the way, have you watched Hull lately? Silva has got them playing very, very well. They also gave us a decent game at the Lane this season before Silva rocked up & in spells were playing some very tidy football on the floor, no hoof ball.

Unbelievably arrogant to suggest anything different. In fact find it even harder to believe you would say that given thier performance the other night.

Heard similar comments from media about our games against Monaco this year. "Spurs should turn this lot over easily, they have had to sell all thier best players as the Russian billionaire isnt pumping money into them". They are top of the fucking league, ahead of PSG, this is the same PSG that spanked Barca!

But you can believe what you want, Eng-er-lund are the best, our league is the best, our teams are the best. We win things over and over and oh.........errrr ............whoops! Now let's rant and be fourious for not living up to the greatness that The Sun and TalkSport say we are.

Last edited:
Oi mate, fk of please! You make my heart blead :(. Last season we beat Zenith and Valencia in the CL. This season we lost a couple of key players but still outplayed Braga (Portugal) at their stade (1-1 but far the better team).
We aren't world beaters but are definitely not a bad team when we are in the mood. We were also playing decent football vs you guys and are standing way below our level in the current league. As a sports commentator put it on national radio, we are like an F1-car between wooden cars in the standing.
Yes you guys are a bigger club :) and should've won purely based on the quality of the players but don't call us suckers.
I didn't see a lot of quality if I am honest mate, (nor from us) but you worked harder, were stronger in the challenge and were first to second ball. Tactically thought you were also very good too, we have a major problem when we play teams who go three at the back, your manager did his homework.

It is the loss to Liverpool and that we really are not a particularly good side in terms of being equpped for away games that contributed to this loss. Pace and good passers are key in that regard.

Bizarre thing in a team game how one 2 nil drubbing (because that is what it was) can knock a team off course so much but it happens.

I sense the issue is expectation but honestly if you just look at players and their pay and forget they are human then you jump to daft conclusions, hence we can win the Europa. Sure we can but we won't. Not treachery but how I see our weaknesses.

Lets hope we turn it round soon. Remember if Trump can be president of the USA then beating Fulham and this lot in the return should be doable.

The thing to do on Sunday is to start with Janssen and Kane. Lets go for it big style.

Looks like janssen's attitude is being questioned so he isn't even making the squad. Flog him in the summer. If he isn't prepared to work for the team

I'm looking at this as we're 1-0 at half time, didn't play that great, but we've got time to turn it around. Yes of course, I'm disappointed with recent performances, but I still believe we will turn it around - let's hope Poch and the players believe it too.

The unbelievable arrogance that comes from English football is incredible. Fans not just of Tottenham, but ALL clubs, is fucking embarrassing. I have seen very few comments from supporters, commentators, media and press acknowledge how well Gent played last night. A team that has a better or on par recent European record to ours. This team having won the league, qualified for CL and then qualified for the CL knockout stages.
We are all programmed to be arrogant cunts, made even worse by not knowing fuck all about the team they are playing against, no one could name a single player, how they play but dispite this go into the game with the attitude we will turn over a team. Beggars belief when you think about it.
Exactly the same with the national team. Know fuck all about the team we are playing, ignore a far superior record to ours (e.g Uruagay) think we are far better, get well beaten then moan about how bad we are, while still not acknowledging the other team is better.

I sort of get the gist of what you're saying but you ignore the fact that any PL club is vastly richer than Gent and therefore has the ability to buy superior players and pay superior wages, and then in our case stick them on a top class training facility to improve their game.

If the above is being negated on a regular basis, then all the PL managers aren't really doing their job very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom