Germany vs England

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's just a Nations League game but a game between the two is always an occasion and I think it deserves it's own thread. Germany have been on a roll since Flick took charge but have only beaten teams they should be beating to an extent. They're clearly not quite the force they once were but still have some world-class players such as Kimmich, Muller and Gnabry. Also interested to see how Musiala fairs as he's played plenty of games at schoolboy level for England, but playing in Germany and with German team-mates he was always going to have his head turned.

As for England, we need a positive performance and hopefully as result after a big let down at the weekend. Hopefully Sterling and Saka will come into the side and inject some pace and movement which was so lacking against Hungary. You can get at Germany's defence so hopefully Southgate actually lets our attacking players express themselves and enjoy themselves a little.

Good luck tonight. I won't forget the goodwill you lads gave to Wales the other day in the biggest game of our existence.

I shall be cheering you lads on. Which I'm sure will be very much appreciated by everyone on here, plus the staff, players and old Southgaters himself.

Would definitely like to see the players being allowed to express themselves a bit more...

If we had our strongest 11 out it would be the first time since I can remember that I think we are at least equally as strong as Germany on paper. Our full-backs and Kane walk into their team. You can also make a pretty strong case for Stones over Sule, Sterling over Sane and Foden over Havertz, at least based on what they do for their clubs.

Last edited:
4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 is what they generally use

Neuer
Kehrer
Rudiger
Sule
Henrichs
Goretzka
Gundogan
Sane
Havertz
Gnabry
Werner

My prediction
11 Kuntz in other words

Not confident. Expect Germany to control the game.
I'm supremely confident. I expect us to triumph as in 1918, 1945, 1966, 2001 and 2021, among other heroic victories over the Hun.

I'm high on Boris, high on Britain England and won't take nein for an answer.

Last edited:
If we had our strongest 11 out it would be the first time since I can remember that I think we are at least equally as strong as Germany on paper. Our full-backs and Kane walk into their team. You can also make a pretty strong case for Stones over Sule, Sterling over Sane and Foden over Havertz, at least based on what they do for their clubs.
thats why i envy the day when we attack these teams and go toe to toe rather then sit back for 90 mins like southgate has done

11 Kuntz in other words

I'm supremely confident. I expect us to triumph as in 1918, 1945, 1966, 2001 and 2021, among other heroic defeats of the Hun.

I'm high on Boris, high on Britain England and won't take nein for an answer.

Resistance is futile

All depends if Southgate is using the Nation League as a kind of friendly tournament to take a look at fringe players, lets face it, if you win it you get to go to a big tournament that we should qualify for anyway.

Mount again ffs.

At least he's in midfield now, where he should be, and not as one of the front three. Looks to be 4-3-3 to me.

Mount again ffs.

At least he's in midfield now, where he should be, and not as one of the front three. Looks to be 4-3-3 to me.

Deserves a start in midfield imo, not as if Bellingham tore it up the other day. But another shit performance in an England shirt and questions will need to be asked.

Back
Top Bottom