Germany vs England

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They failed to capitalise because they barely created anything of note, for all of their possession. Pickford had one pretty routine save to make the whole game and our defenders got a decent block in a couple of times.

Yawn.

I couldn't care less about what happened before the Hungary game as I've already mentioned that we've been bang average since the Ukraine game in the Euros.

Other people do... Get over yourself, you hypocrite..

My bad. I get wound up and make myself look like a right James Blunt sometimes. But at least I'm not in denial about it.

England still created the better chances through, but I'll say no more.

Here We Go Dragon GIF by CBC

I thought Germany were the better side on balance.

:levyeyes:

In terms of possession and finding team-mates with passes, sure. Also their pressing was generally much better, especially until they tired. They controlled large periods of the game.

But in regards to chances created, near moments and actually creating danger for the opposition, which is quite important in football, England had more of that come the end of the game, and the stats back that up. England could and should have scored a few in the last 15-20 minutes alone. They suddenly looked a lot worse once Musiala went off and we got better the moment Grealish came on and Mount finally departed.

They seemed scared shitless of Grealish.

Son isn't clinical either. He's hot and cold. Let's not pretend that for all the goals he scores, he doesn't also miss chances. He has games where he is absolutely rotten. His numbers would be insane if he scored the majority of the chances he does get. But as a wide player he can be forgiven, and so can Sterling.

Meme Wtf GIF

Pep has binned the headless scatter, he knows the score with this prick

Sterling has been a big part of their team for years under Guardiola. He also played 47 times for them last season, just a few less than the season before, and the season before that. This is the first season where has hasn't always been a guaranteed starter when fit, but still scored more last season than he did in the 20/21 season, both in the Premier League and overall.

Sterling has been a big part of their team for years under Guardiola. He also played 47 times for them last season, just a few less than the season before, and the season before that. This is the first season where has hasn't always been a guaranteed starter when fit, but still scored more last season than he did in the 20/21 season, both in the Premier League and overall.
He’s shit and been found out. Things have moved on

Back
Top Bottom