Get the fans back in (the corporate ones)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suspect that there is much more space per corporate seat (eg. in bars/lounges etc) and therefore the logic is that its easier to show that social distancing of 1 metre is possible in the corporate areas.

Useful to the club to get the highest priced spectators in - but I dont think that is the reason for doing it though
Certainly easier for tracing on event of a positive test

As they would all be in certain sections it would be easier to control social distancing, etc?
If 'ordinary' fans were allowed in they'd be dotted all over the place.

I can see the sense in doing this as the first test event.
They have their own car park under the building too. So helpful for controlling people in and out.

I do see the sense in it from crowd control and financial.
100% about crowd control - the boxes are much easier to control the flow of fans than the main stands. Also isolated and aren’t mingling in concourses.

More space in corporate seating than on airplanes flying daily from and to an airport near you. It is Orient I feel sorry for. Drawn us if they beat Plymouth in league cup and should be making a handsome profit but will get zilch as no fans allowed.

We also contacted the Club about reports that it was planning to open the stadium to Premium ticket holders only.

As it turned out, the Club had applied for permission to get both Premium and General Admission fans back for our opening game against Everton, and reports about Premium-only entry stemmed from speculation about what the government would allow.

It seemed this was another occasion when people were only too prepared to believe the worst, although we have repeatedly made the point to the Club that it might be useful to wonder why people so often jump to the most negative conclusion about the actions it takes.

We also contacted the Club about reports that it was planning to open the stadium to Premium ticket holders only.

As it turned out, the Club had applied for permission to get both Premium and General Admission fans back for our opening game against Everton, and reports about Premium-only entry stemmed from speculation about what the government would allow.

It seemed this was another occasion when people were only too prepared to believe the worst, although we have repeatedly made the point to the Club that it might be useful to wonder why people so often jump to the most negative conclusion about the actions it takes.

To me it would make complete sense for the boxes to reopen now/first - they can genuinely be shut off in groups of six and could stagger arrival and departure from the ground

Back
Top Bottom