Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did the warm down after the game on Sunday so he is not a millions miles away, but we have to be careful with him. He has had way too many injuries already. Let him build up some fitness before we rush him back.

Our team is so rich in terms of options that I almost forgot how good Lo Celso is. He needed 10 minutes - and some delicious passes - to quickly reminded me. My favourite player.

Felt super comfortable when he had the ball, in comparison to Winks or Doherty (tonight) when I was shitting bricks.

Yeah - as much as I want to see GLC and Ndombele in the middle - him coming on for Ndombele was definitely needed after going 1-0 up.

Still oozed class when he came on. Hopefully starts Thursday.

Yeah - as much as I want to see GLC and Ndombele in the middle - him coming on for Ndombele was definitely needed after going 1-0 up.

Still oozed class when he came on. Hopefully starts Thursday.
Yes, today it probably wasn't the game to start them both, and I thought it was correct to get him in for Tanguy

Still unconvinced by GLC but prepared to give him
time as he’s had a stop start career since he signed.

He’s not delivering what I expected and is no Eriksen replacement. Too injury prone also.

Hope to be proven wrong.

Still unconvinced by GLC but prepared to give him
time as he’s had a stop start career since he signed.

He’s not delivering what I expected and is no Eriksen replacement. Too injury prone also.

Hope to be proven wrong.

I can see being disappointed with his injury record but when he has played he has been excellent.

I don’t get how anyone can be disappointed with what he brings when on the field he is our best MF when healthy.

Unfortunately, he rarely seems to be 100% even when he is playing.

Has he even played in consecutive games this season?

Hard to judge his performances off of that. We are however mightily lucky that Ndombele has been allowed to shine in his absence.

He's only played 133 minutes this season (at least in the league)! The last games he played were:
- Newcastle, where he started - one of the very few games where we actually dominated midfield
- Southampton, where he came on in the second half and we went from being steamrolled in the first half to 5-2 up (granted, he definitely wasn't the only or the main factor there)
- a few minutes at Burnley

He's definitely carrying an injury this season and we're not seeing him at his best, but I don't think he's been the poorest of those coming back into fitness. He looked a bit leggy at Antwerp so I think he was hooked to manage his injury, but I'm hoping he can come off the bench at least at Brighton.

One thing I'll also mention is that Stevie B and Joe Rodon are 23 and considered youngsters/"projects", but Lo Celso is only a year older than them (and Ndombele). We're asking him to be our talismanic player but he's still developing too. I'm just hoping the injury issues aren't chronic ones and we're fortunate that Ndombele has stepped up this season.

Last edited:
He's only played 133 minutes this season (at least in the league)! The last games he played were:
- Newcastle, where he started - one of the very few games where we actually dominated midfield
- Southampton, where he came on in the second half and we went from being steamrolled in the first half to 5-2 up (granted, he definitely wasn't the only or the main factor there)
- a few minutes at Burnley

He's definitely carrying an injury this season and we're not seeing him at his best, but I don't think he's been the poorest of those coming back into fitness. He looked a bit leggy at Antwerp so I think he was hooked to manage his injury, but I'm hoping he can come off the bench at least at Brighton.

One thing I'll also mention is that Stevie B and Joe Rodon are 23 and considered youngsters/"projects", but Lo Celso is only half a year older than them (younger even than Ndombele, who is young). We're asking him to be our talismanic player but he's still developing too. I'm just hoping the injury issues aren't chronic ones and we're fortunate that Ndombele has stepped up this season.

He's 5 months older than Ndombele.

"You could see that when he played in the centre on Thursday. He needs fitness. Can he and Tanguy play together? Yes, but they need to both be fitter for that to happen."

Hope to see the fabled day soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom