Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought that the only times we looked threatening today was when Lo Celso dribbled (3 or 4 times) through their midfield.
Agree. But too little from him today.
Many times Hog was looking for him or was in the position GLC should have been.
He's better than Ndontcarebele but I dream about Grealish instead of him.

Of course he had a poor performance. He created a couple of moments but cocked up several others. That’s more than most of the others did but it was still poor.

If his display today was a good performance then we are doomed.

I didn't see any cock ups but he was clearly better than the others around him.

I am not saying he was a 9 or 10 out of 10 but he was far from the problem today.

one thing gio does need to sort is hes not got to grips with the pace of the game for a while. thinks he has more time on the ball than he actually does in a lot of situations. in terms of actual football i still think hes our best midfielder, but then again hes not up against much.

one thing gio does need to sort is hes not got to grips with the pace of the game for a while. thinks he has more time on the ball than he actually does in a lot of situations. in terms of actual football i still think hes our best midfielder, but then again hes not up against much.

I think that has a lot to do with the players around him not moving into places to receive the ball.

Watch how often him and Toby put their hands up asking someone to try and move for the ball. And because those two want to make good passes and not just boot it away or pass it off to someone else to make a decision like so many other of our players they are left frustrated with nobody to pass to.

And because those two want to make good passes and not just boot it away or pass it off to someone else to make a decision
but sometimes you only have one quick option in possession and if you dont play it while its there you have no options. kanes been doing the same but trying to hit almost impossible hollywood balls! a lot of the time we have the option to just ping the ball about at speed but players want longer on the ball than what they actually have.

i do think gio will be good next year as long as he stays fit. hes the sort of player that needs decent players around him to really show his worth, sticking shit like dele and winks in midfield with him just hinders his ability.

Thought he was okay today and don't at all agree with the negative comments on his performance. Have some issues with him generally, and his durability, but one of our better players today.

Thought that the only times we looked threatening today was when Lo Celso dribbled (3 or 4 times) through their midfield.

He's been a regular for Argentina in a 2 AND 3 man center midfield in their most recent WC qualifying matches + last Copa America.

To be fair, Argentina have been no great shakes on the International scene. It wasn't that long ago that Maxi Rodriguez was starting every game for them and yet for Liverpool he often looked hopeless.

Agree. But too little from him today.
Many times Hog was looking for him or was in the position GLC should have been.
He's better than Ndontcarebele but I dream about Grealish instead of him.
Grealish doesn't really play CM in a 2 (or 3) man midfield. He's been used as mostly as a LW -- with license to roam -- this season (a breakout one for him before his injury). He'd be competing more with Son, Bale, Lucas.

Grealish's value (inflated for Premier League clubs as a HG) is likely double Lo Celso's.

The Saint we should've gone for (instead of Højbjerg) is James Ward-Prowse. Similar age, but is English (HG quota), is a better set piece-taker than anyone we have, and hasn't missed a PL match in 2 seasons.
PLAYER
PL GOALS
PL ASSISTS
PL APP
PL MINUTES
PL G/90
PL A/90
PL G+A/90
Grealish​
15​
16​
92​
6860​
.197​
.210​
.407​
Lucas​
17​
9​
102​
5963​
.257​
.139​
.396​
Lo Celso​
1​
3​
45​
2367​
.038​
.114​
.152​
Højbjerg​
5​
7​
144​
11634​
.039​
.054​
.093​
JWP​
30​
28​
265​
17113​
.158​
.147​
.305​

I think that has a lot to do with the players around him not moving into places to receive the ball.

Watch how often him and Toby put their hands up asking someone to try and move for the ball. And because those two want to make good passes and not just boot it away or pass it off to someone else to make a decision like so many other of our players they are left frustrated with nobody to pass to.
He's a typical short passing argentine midfielder. I think he's a really good player, but not many of our team are on the same wavelength. It's no coincidence that he was at his best in Spain, where the football is a bit more like that he grew up playing.

Lo Celso would do very well in a possession based team. Mason can pretend he's better and all that, but he's not senior enough to install a possession based ethos into a team yet.

Mourinho set us back. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

He's a typical short passing argentine midfielder. I think he's a really good player, but not many of our team are on the same wavelength. It's no coincidence that he was at his best in Spain, where the football is a bit more like that he grew up playing.
He just needs to add some goals and get better midfield partners

He just needs to add some goals and get better midfield partners

All under control.

EUxyuJ_XkAI1DOX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom