Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want to try him on the left of midfield or on the left of the front 3.

I'm not totally convinced by him as an 8 or a 10 which is where we're trying to play him but i think he's one to persevere with. Just need to find a role. He may find wide is better for him in this league.

Another great game from him. Another group of idiots slagging him off.

If we can bring in some quality MFers to play with him it would be nice. We need more players with skill, not less.

Another great game from him. Another group of idiots slagging him off.

If we can bring in some quality MFers to play with him it would be nice. We need more players with skill, not less.

He's hardly a wizard with the ball at his feet himself is he?

He's basically Giovani Lo WInks.

He is great with the ball at his feet. Probably the player you most want to have the ball in the MF for our team.

Nope. That's Ndombele and Kane. And others being shit doesn't make Lo Celso better than he actually is. Or at least shouldn't do.

He's not a defensive midfielder. That's Pierre. How many goals and assists as GLC got in a Spurs shirt? Or over his career?

He's our own Joe Allen. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's not try to make him out to be something he isn't or ever will be.

Nope. That's Ndombele and Kane. And others being shit doesn't make Lo Celso better than he actually is. Or at least shouldn't do.

No Kane should be up front, we don't want him in MF we want him up front scoring for us. Its nice that he has the ability to drop back occasionally but that is not where he should be for us.

Ndombele and him are similar. I have no problem if you want to put Ndombele ahead of him.

He was good 1st half and played 3 superb balls to Sonny who needed to be sharper for GLC to have an assist to an assist.
Faded 2nd half.
Hopefully there is better to come from him.

No Kane should be up front, we don't want him in MF we want him up front scoring for us. Its nice that he has the ability to drop back occasionally but that is not where he should be for us.

Ndombele and him are similar. I have no problem if you want to put Ndombele ahead of him.

I agree about Kane, but then again how many goals less would we have as a team and Son have himself if it wasn't for Kane playing deep at times?!

We'll have to agree to disagree on Lo Celso. I see someone who's tidy enough but certainly nowhere near good enough to build a team around. You see it differently.

Definitely not sold on him, if we could get decent money for him I’d be happy to let him go this summer, but if he pulls his finger out happy for him to stay and see how he ends up

I think if he was English he’d be getting a lot more stick than he currently is, doesn’t affect games at all at the moment

I agree about Kane, but then again how many goals less would we have as a team and Son have himself if it wasn't for Kane playing deep at times?!

We'll have to agree to disagree on Lo Celso. I see someone who's tidy enough but certainly nowhere near good enough to build a team around. You see it differently.

I think us having to rely on Kane dropping back is a major problem. It should be a bonus that we see occassionally not a major part of his game.

It is why I said we need more skill in the line-up earlier so that it is not only GLC/Ndombele that can create from the MF.

Definitely not sold on him, if we could get decent money for him I’d be happy to let him go this summer, but if he pulls his finger out happy for him to stay and see how he ends up

I think if he was English he’d be getting a lot more stick than he currently is, doesn’t affect games at all at the moment

Exactly this. I've said before that if he didn't have a number of caps for Argentina he wouldn't be rated by some half as much. He's a decent player. But that's all he is for me.

We are so static and can't create anything without 1 of him or Ndombele in the MF.

Take him out of the team and have Ndombele at his current fitness level and we will struggle to score, especially if it is someone like Sabitzer coming in to "replace" him.

Exactly this. I've said before that if he didn't have a number of caps for Argentina he wouldn't be rated by some half as much. He's a decent player. But that's all he is for me.

Him playing for Argentina means nothing, especially with how poor Argentina currently is.

Him playing for Argentina means nothing, especially with how poor Argentina currently is.

Well that's my point.

As someone has already said, if he was English I don't think he would get praised for so little half as much as he seems to be here. He really doesn't offer much more than Winks and yet the difference in stick they get for poor/average performances is staggering.

He was OK today, certainly a better midfield option than Ndombele because he can actually run around and get stuck in.

Still nowhere near a £40m player though. He plays the occasional slick pass but still doesn’t affect games enough. If you’re getting subbed off for Harry Winks after 65 minutes you aren’t doing enough.

Well that's my point.

As someone has already said, if he was English I don't think he would get praised for so little half as much as he seems to be here. He really doesn't offer much more than Winks and yet the difference in stick they get for poor/average performances is staggering.

I think the opposite, if he were English he would get a ton of praise.

He is light years better than Winks, he had 5 passes today Winks is too scared to even attempt let alone pull off.

The fact that you are trying to compare him to Winks says everything we need to know about your bias and is shocking to be honest.

He was OK today, certainly a better midfield option than Ndombele because he can actually run around and get stuck in.

Still nowhere near a £40m player though. He plays the occasional slick pass but still doesn’t affect games enough. If you’re getting subbed off for Harry Winks after 65 minutes you aren’t doing enough.

He was subbed off by a PE teacher over his head. It was a dumb substitute both to take him off and the player that came on.

Not sure why anyone would use the moronic subs by Mason as some sort of evidence of anything other than Mason clearly being over his head.

I think the opposite, if he were English he would get a ton of praise.

He is light years better than Winks, he had 5 passes today Winks is too scared to even attempt let alone pull off.

The fact that you are trying to compare him to Winks says everything we need to know about your bias and is shocking to be honest.

Well like Winks he doesn't really score or assist for a start. Certainly not in the PL where it really matters anyway.

Back
Top Bottom